ok so no matter wtf you wanna call it, i thrive for deathcore music; i wanna play **** just like it. but heres my problem, everytime i try to write **** (on guitar that is), it all sounds like the same ****ty, boring, non-catchy, repetative, non-deathcore riffs, and i hate it. so how do i begin to write **** in a certain style that i enjoy, because no matter how hard i try, its all in the same pattern, with the same notes, and same time signatures :*(

no need to say it, i fail

lol and i never realized how often i say **** and ****ty either
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Last edited by shadowsoldier08 at May 8, 2008,
listen to and learn deathcore songs. notice things that they are doing in their songs and riffs
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Craigo
Read the rules and FAQs.

mmkay then, you must be off your rocker cuz idk wtf ur talkin aboutz
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax

Quote by srvflood
make sure that you have a steady dropped d chug, and then add notes in a minor scale on either the a or d string, making sure to have them off beat. also, fool around with classical (as in mozart and beethoven) and weird sounding chords, they help do give you a dark sound.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
lolz plz dont make comments about my issues if you are a noob, drop D is fugging classical tuning compared to deathcore...you my noobish fellow are a failure.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax

Quote by srvflood
Quote by shadowsoldier08
lolz plz dont make comments about my issues if you are a noob, drop D is fugging classical tuning compared to deathcore...you my noobish fellow are a failure.

Okay. We don't support that sort of abuse in S+L.

You want someone to take a few moments of their time to help you? Stop acting like an ass. Be polite, even if someone replies with something irrelevant, be polite. It's all most people ask.

On subject, why not read up on your music theory more and find out some new scales etc. for yourself. One thing where creating music and lyrics are similar is that the more you do it, the easier and better your work becomes.

so it's a case of keep plugging away, in the long run. Short run I guess it's good to go into some new theory if you like that sort of thing, if not then just keep recording any ideas that you come up with, like a sort of journal, and then you have something to work from even when you can't think of anything - you can always adapt and recreate riffs etc.
Quote by shadowsoldier08
you my noobish fellow are a failure.

no, actually you are, you said it yourself:
Quote by shadowsoldier08

no need to say it, i fail

dont be an ass to people trying to help.

I dont know much about metal but try using minor and dimished scales. Also other some minor modes can help too.
Last edited by cubs at May 9, 2008,
how bout this? dropped d

D 0 0 0 0 3 0 0
A 0 0 0 0 3 0 0
D 0 0 0 0 3 0 0
(Pause)
D 0 0 0 0 3 0 5 0 6 7
A 0 0 0 0 3 0 5 0 6 7
D 0 0 0 0 3 0 5 0 6 7
Last edited by johnwolennon at May 15, 2008,