Whadda ya think.......get a 5150 head to go with my 4x12 slant or grab a Valveking 212 and run it thru my cab too ?? is there much difference between the two ?
5150's distortion is miles better than the VK, but if you need good cleans, you're not really gonna get them with the 5150.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Ahhh....probably VK then.....we do play some mellow stuff...........would running my ME-50 thru a VK be a waste ?
Quote by MatrixClaw
5150's distortion is miles better than the VK, but if you need good cleans, you're not really gonna get them with the 5150.

+1
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by ron1233
Ahhh....probably VK then.....we do play some mellow stuff...........would running my ME-50 thru a VK be a waste ?

Meh..if you don't use the dist. from the ME-50 you'll be ok .

I vote 5150 though.
Quote by DiMeTiMe
Oh, and one thing - why would you get the VK combo just to run it through a cab?
Obviously the head would be ideal for that, I don't know what you were thinking.

No, no, no........i would just line out to my cab........a little fuller sound , yes ?
Combo and cab together for out door stuff, just the VK for clubs
5150, the distortion is soo much better.
just roll back the volume and tone on your guitar, add a chorus and you can get a clean just as good as the valvekings
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by ron1233
No, no, no........i would just line out to my cab........a little fuller sound , yes ?
Combo and cab together for out door stuff, just the VK for clubs

It won't work. Most combos internal speakers turn off when you plug them into a cab unless you have it modded to not do so. I'm quite sure the VK is the same.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
It won't work. Most combos internal speakers turn off when you plug them into a cab unless you have it modded to not do so. I'm quite sure the VK is the same.

Ok then...good to know....i could get the VK and go stereo . Weeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!
6505 = 5150

6505+ = 5150II

The 5150 and 6505 are the same amp, differnt name. The 6505+, and he 5150II have better cleans but a little less gain.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
it's the same as the 5150, just a different name.

Yeah, but priced lower on ebay........
Quote by jimmy666page666
6505 = 5150

6505+ = 5150II

The 5150 and 6505 are the same amp, differnt name. The 6505+, and he 5150II have better cleans but a little less gain.

Alrighty then.
Quote by MatrixClaw

hey matrix, do you know if this is true for the 5150 combo?
i was told by its former owner who is also a guitar center employee and gear expert and he said the internal peakers wouldnt turn off.
im not sure, i want to put a vader 2x12 under it.
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball
go with with 6505/5150... I own a Valveking and im getting rid of it for the 6505 most likely...

Valveking is decent after a tube/speaker change but is still voiced towards the classic rock thrash side of things. If you like thrash and classic rock i still would get the 6505 it can do it much better...
5150 ftw, no questions.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
hey matrix, do you know if this is true for the 5150 combo?
i was told by its former owner who is also a guitar center employee and gear expert and he said the internal peakers wouldnt turn off.
im not sure, i want to put a vader 2x12 under it.

I'm not sure honestly. My 5150 combo's speakers didn't turn off, but I was always under the impression that it was modded that way. Maybe they do come stock like that, who knows, never tried one with a cab plugged into it
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Dont like the 6505 combos.. For some reason they sound different to me and dont have the same tone or fullness as the heads.. I've played two and wasnt impressed like i was with the 6505 head... I've read about alot of people hearing the same issue as well..
i guess ill have to try it with a cab and see what happens
if not, is it easy to mod the amp to not cut out the internal speakers?
i know next to nothing about wiring or any of that
but my dads pretty good
i dont think he has any experience with amps though.
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball