I searched for this already, and the existing threads were pretty much full of people bashing this thing for the laziness factor/the importance of tuning by ear. Also read the product description multiple times, and looked at customer reviews, but none of them answer my question: Can this thing do alternate tuning like drop d/c standard? Or just standard tuning?

If you're going to flame me or the product, please don't bother replying, as I'm just looking for an answer to my question since I've exhausted all other resources (even the promotional video doesn't say).

I apologize for any ignorance I've exhibited, as my handle implies, I'm just learning and tuning by ear is a total pain at the moment. Maybe they'll actually teach that in my guitar class next semester, but if this thing can do alternate tunings then it will be a lifesaver over the summer. Less time spent tuning = more time for practice.

If this thing doesn't do alternate tuning, then can someone recommend something accurate and easy to use for a beginner like me? Thanks for any and all help.
I've never used a robotic tuner, but I swear by BOSS Chromatic Tuners. Get the TU-2 if you've got the cash, or the TU-30 for something cheaper. Both are really accurate, just the TU-2 is more convenient seeing as its a stompbox.
Quote by Beginner87
I searched for this already, and the existing threads were pretty much full of people bashing this thing for the laziness factor/the importance of tuning by ear. Also read the product description multiple times, and looked at customer reviews, but none of them answer my question: Can this thing do alternate tuning like drop d/c standard? Or just standard tuning?

If you're going to flame me or the product, please don't bother replying, as I'm just looking for an answer to my question since I've exhausted all other resources (even the promotional video doesn't say).

I apologize for any ignorance I've exhibited, as my handle implies, I'm just learning and tuning by ear is a total pain at the moment. Maybe they'll actually teach that in my guitar class next semester, but if this thing can do alternate tunings then it will be a lifesaver over the summer. Less time spent tuning = more time for practice.

If this thing doesn't do alternate tuning, then can someone recommend something accurate and easy to use for a beginner like me? Thanks for any and all help.

yes, it stores your own personal tunings and has several popular tunings built in(drop d, open a...etc) but drop c ad d standard youd have to program into it
also, its hard to tune by ear when you'r beginning, but it will come, just try it as much as possible, dont give up, even if you get this guitar and try to attain perfect pitch....it helps alot
R.I.P brother dime

Reppin for the new york death metal scene
what makes a man?balls and weiner my friends, balls and weiner
Last edited by trooper927 at May 8, 2008,
Alrighty, thanks to both of you. I'll look at the chromatic ones the first poster recommended, but I'm definitely leaning towards the robotic tuner since it apparently can do alternate tuning. Much appreciated sirs.
Quote by Beginner87
Alrighty, thanks to both of you. I'll look at the chromatic ones the first poster recommended, but I'm definitely leaning towards the robotic tuner since it apparently can do alternate tuning. Much appreciated sirs.

no problem, when i was beginning i didnt have anyone to help, so i try to help as much as i can because i know how frustrating it is =]
R.I.P brother dime

Reppin for the new york death metal scene
what makes a man?balls and weiner my friends, balls and weiner