i've been wondering what kind of pedals to get for some time now and i'm just gona ask every one to put in there 2 cents or tell me whatever. i have a ds-1 alraedy and i have 300$ to spend on pedals. i know it wont get all of them but i'd like to know what to get when i can. here are some of the pedals i've been looking at:

mxr phase 90
mxr script phase 90
mxr flanger
dunlop original crybaby wha
a new distortion(want sothin with more distortion than the ds-1 for sure)
mxr carbon copy analog delay

this is just a start of what i MIGHT get. any suggestions or comments would help.
If you're lookin for serious distortion, EHX Metal Muff is the way to go. (The full size one with top boost, not one of the small ones)
Last edited by Pyrofretnic at May 8, 2008,
All of them are good choices except the DS-1 and crybaby IMO. I'd take the script over the block phase.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
What kind of amp do you have? If it's a valve junior half stack like mine and doesn't have an equalizer on it, get the Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ. It changes your sound pretty dramatically for 30 dollars or so. For example slide the leftmost bands down and the right ones up and you'll get a really treble sounding tone. Also get a crybaby wah.
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
Epi Valve Junior Half stack
DS-1
Line 6 Floor Pod (FOR SALE!!!)
Well, me personally, this is what I got on my board:

Dunlop Dime CFH (crybaby from hell, if you didn't already know that) Wah
Digitech Whammy (highly recommend getting this when you have more cash)
Digitech X series Chorus
Digitech X series Flanger
Digitech X series Delay
Electro Harmonix Holy Stain (badass pedal)

I have a few more, but I usually don't run them on my board, which is some sort of an older SKB board. I love Digitech pedals, the sounds you can get out of them are endless, and they're a lot cheaper than some of the higher end Boss and MXR pedals.

For distortion I just use my amp....but I have a tube Marshall....if you want something Slayer-ish go for a boss Metal Zone or a Digitech Metal Master. Personally I like low end distortion, and I haven't come across a good distortion that kicks out the metal sound of a nice tube amp yet. Maybe the MXR Dime Distortion? I'd like to get a 10 band equalizer, that's a nice one to have for lead boosts and stuff....that might also fatten up the distortion.

It's really a matter of personal preference, if you want analog go for Electro-Harmonix they make some good stuff. If you want Digital go with Boss or Digitech.
A Phase 90 would be a nice, simple pedal. If you read the Ultimate Accessories thread, the Oriiginal Crybaby is a bit weak in several areas. A Bad Horsie wah would be much better. As for distortion, At least try out a Big Muff Pi. Sounds much better and different than your DS-1. I myself do not siggest a carbon copy if you wanna constantly tweak stuff, as one of the pots is on the inside, and you have to unscrew the box to get to it.
Get a phaser and a wah. Maybe even a better distortion pedal. The original Cry Baby pretty much sucks and flanger is hardly ever versatile.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
I'm looking at getting new pedals as well. here are the fx ive decided im getting:

Electro-Harmonix Stereo Memory Man Delay with Hazarai
DOD FX-25B Envelope Filter
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
Boss BF-2
MXR Phase 90
Electro-Harmonix Micro Pulsar Stereo Tremolo Effects Pedal
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Stompbox Tuner
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
Digitech Whammy
Boss AC-3 Acoustic Simulator
DigiTech XMS Main Squeeze Compressor/Sustainer Pedal
Catalinbread Teaser Stallion
ISP Technologies Decimator Noise Reduction Pedal
BBE Sonic Stomp Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop Heil Talk Box
Rocktron Hex Expression Volume Pedal

it shall take me a while, but i'll get there!
Quote by DiMeTiMe
Did...did..you just recommend a Metal Zone?

Shaddup, the Keeley and Analogman MT-2's are sexy.

TS if you want a new dist. Check the two I just mentioned. Also check out the Big Muff/Little Big Muff.

EDIT: ^Nice list. A couple I would switch out like the TU-2 for a pitchblack and the decimator regular for a decimator G-string, but still very nice.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
Nice list. A couple I would switch out like the TU-2 for a pitchblack and the decimator regular for a decimator G-string, but still very nice.

any reason why?
any more choices for a new distortion? i have a vk 112 and is there any way i could get a footswitch so i could just use the distortion on my amp?
IMO i have the DS-1 With my Line6 Spider 3 i get awsome distortion (For Pantera,Lamb of God, Killswitch etc.)
carbon copy and script 90.. thats all from that list. check out a couple of fulltone OD's next time you're at a GC. (OCD for heavies.. fulldrive 2 for perfect but not that heavy)
Try the ProCo Ratt, i kinda wish i'de bought one instead on the DS2. I think theyre great
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
Quote by skynyrd_69
any more choices for a new distortion? i have a vk 112 and is there any way i could get a footswitch so i could just use the distortion on my amp?

yea, there are tons of footswitch's you can buy for the VK. it uses two button footswitches, so most dual footswitches should work
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.