Do you think they aren't? If so, why?

I think the exact meaning of "bang for the buck" is why I'm kind of high on them right now. For what you get, at the price they offer, even for the Korean factory Diamond Series stuff, is nice. Some people don't like the thicker neck, and it took some getting used to for me since my main axe is an Ibanez, but it wasn't that drastic. I also have big mitts, though.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
my omen 6 was $150 used.
in my opinion, its better than some $600 guitars ive tried.
with all the features and quality they put in to the guitars they make, its a great deal.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
I personally think they are amazing. My Gryphon plays much better than some of the $600-$800 guitars I've played.
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
i do know that before their guitars are sold, they have professionals look at the guitar to fix anything wrong (truss rod adjustments, action adjustments, etc.) so that's something that might make their guitars better than some
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

there's a schecter blackjack in my guitar class which i play everyday and it's a very nice playing guitar, the action's a little high but that's nothing a little adjusting won't fix.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
I always thought they were a bit overrated, but thats me I guess. I never liked the way they felt.
Gibson.
I bought an Omen-6 for 399 and put EMGs into it, now I've got one of the tones I've ever played.
Quote by sonixon
I bought an Omen-6 for 399 and put EMGs into it, now I've got one of the tones I've ever played.

that is a definite fact
Schecters are great for the money. They sound and feel amazing. Now a guitar I'd like to try is an ESP. There are some great looking ESP's for the same prices as Schecters too.

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

Personally I like my ESP MH-1000 a million times better than my Schecter C-1+
Gear:
ESP LTD MH-1000 w/ EMGs
Ibanez S470DX w/ Duncan JB & 59'
Schecter C-1+
Peavey 5150 Combo
ISP Decimator
Maxon OD-808
MXR 10 band eq

WTB:
-Delay Pedal, 2 Veteran 30 Speakers, Duncan Blackouts set, Reverb Pedal
Quote by guitarded88

well its like 300$ more
The only guitar I've ever played that I liked as much as my Schecter C-1 plus is my cousins' '93 american Telecaster. Schecters are, imo, great quality for the money you spend. Not overrated at all.
I only played one once, was bloody awesome. I find them and Ibanez's and Jacksons to be the best value for money guitars, hell they are the best feeling guitars regardless of price
RG's & Mesa's
Quote by BaffAttack
even for the Korean factory Diamond Series stuff

Aren't they all Korean except the customs?
Brad

Black Schecter Omen 6
Mitchell MD-100S Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112 with JJ's and V30
Roland Micro Cube
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ
*Soon to Come*
Jackson USA SL2H
Peavey 6505+
I really love mine, if that means anything. Couple electrical problems, and I could use a new nut, but meh.. I love the way it plays.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
I love the way my Schecter C-1 EX Baritone feels and plays, great guitar and great buy, especially for the money. I don't regret buying this guitar in the least bit.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
indeed, they are not overrated in the slightest bit.
i got my c-1 blackjack for $550 with a case at guitar center. i was expecting to spend somewhere around $900 for a great guitar + case, i was wrong. schecters are awesome. i want another one!
lost and confused,
focused on the obscured.

(\__/) (`'·.¸(`'·.¸(`'·.¸ | ¸.·'´¸.·'´¸.·'´
(o.0 ) (´¨`·.¸¸~MoRBiDThOuGhTs~¸¸.·´¨`)
(> < ) (¸.·'´(¸.·'´(¸.·'´ | `'·.¸`'·.¸`'·.¸
Quote by Xeroxed
Aren't they all Korean except the customs?

Yeah, all the Diamond Series are Korean. I realize in hindsight I put that in kind of a weird way.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
check out my sig thats bang for the buck. 1700 never played a PRS that has come close yet. Sticking on topic I loved the Schecter hollow bodies. The others seemed a little over built, and had this cheap gay looking sparkle wrapping paper binding on them. Also were not ergo friendly at all. But had great crunch.
I always found them to be generic feeling guitars with questionable fretwork. Prime examples of the features over shadowing the important part of the guitars; the build quality.
I have a schecter C-1 that Ive owned since 06, it sounds great. For the money youre paying theyre awesome guitars.
Try a Tempest. I fell in love. I had an odd taste in how i wanted a guitar to feel, and thought a custom job would be the only way to get it. The Tempest was the exact feel I wanted. I didnt like the feel of the C-1, but thats just preference
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
They generally use good materials, high quality pickups and so on. However, I find alot of them are just.. tonally dead. If I wanted one I would have to carefully search through alot of them to find one that really shines.
Quote by guitarded88
Pics of the ESP!

I cant find good ones f the MH anywhere.
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
my omen 6 was $150 used.
in my opinion, its better than some $600 guitars ive tried.

Quote by Acquiescence
well its like 300$ more

Signatures are overrated.
i hate schecters with a passion. their necks are like baseball bats they are to wide and big. jeeze.
I've got a Lady Luck, and it's a fun guitar. The colors so cool... And well. Its got the girl on the fretboard. Yay.
Quote by Russian1
i hate schecters with a passion. their necks are like baseball bats they are to wide and big. jeeze.

Only if you have very small hands or are not used to it in the least bit. Once you get used to the feel of the neck, you will love it.

Quote by BaffAttack
Yeah, all the Diamond Series are Korean. I realize in hindsight I put that in kind of a weird way.

yeah they are crafted in Korea and then they are set up in the U.S. the back of my guitar is signed by the set up guy on the sticker that says its set up in the U.S.A.
Gear:
Schecter Synyster Custom
Schecter C-1 Elite
Crate GFX65
Korg Toneworks AX1500G pedal board
Morley Wah pedal
Quote by metalzrulez
yeah they are crafted in Korea and then they are set up in the U.S. the back of my guitar is signed by the set up guy on the sticker that says its set up in the U.S.A.

Same with my Schecter when it came .

Quote by Metalcoresoul
Same with my Schecter when it came .

Mine, too. Didn't think about that until you mentioned it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
They're probably the best value as far as components go. Their quality control, however, can be questionable. My Loomis came with a fret that still needed to be hammered in. Obviously their "Inspected In America" consists only of Ray Charles. I've seen a bunch of Loomis' that have had horrible frets. The binding and neck joint are kind of sloppy looking, and there are white smudges/marks on my headstock and neck.

If you don't care about cosmetic flaws and paying for a decent setup, Schecters are probably the best value. The only problem with LTD is that you won't get an OFR-equipped guitar under $900.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.