Sunday afternoon the strings were strung and the first strum taken. What a relief. I always worry that they won't sound right. This is my first acoustic build. It as taken over a year to complete (I worked on project for other people and filled time with my own.) I wanted an aged look, so I tinted the clear finish. I'm real pleased with how it looks. But even happier with the mellow tone it has.

There are a couple other pics in my profile.
nice i like it, what is that inlay? can we get some bigger pictures

but nice work... I wish I had enough patients to build a guitar from scratch
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
thats beautiful inlay work, and i love the tint you gave it. do you have any soundclips on the way?

btw i have been looking for an example of an acoustic with a bigsby for a long time, can you tell me about the one in your profile pics? did you put in any sort of reinforcement under the bigsby and/or the bridge? how does it sound?
That is amazing inlay work. You know if you ever get tired of it you could give it to me Seriously though, that is one of the nicest guitars I've ever seen.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
nice i like it, what is that inlay? can we get some bigger pictures

but nice work... I wish I had enough patients to build a guitar from scratch

The inlay is easy when you can use a friend's cnc to cut it. The pictures in my profile are larger.

do you have any soundclips on the way?

I don't have any recording equipment but it is on the wish list.

btw i have been looking for an example of an acoustic with a bigsby for a long time, can you tell me about the one in your profile pics? did you put in any sort of reinforcement under the bigsby and/or the bridge? how does it sound?

That is a on going project. It is a solid maple top. There isn't any extra braceing under it. It's a modified "martin x brace". We use a maple brace under the bridge any way. The two screws for the bridge screw into that maple brace. It projected sound very well ( much to my surprise 0 and sounded really great mic'ed.

what type of bracing system did you use? whats the radius of the top/back?

We use a "x brace" that we remove one of the braces. That seems to give use a deeper tone. It's been so long since we build the jig for the top and back, but I think it is a 10' radius. We used the cnc machine to cut that out for us.
Quote by Roc8995
Where in Wisconsin are you?

Whitewater, about 45 min. away from you.
nice to see an acoustic thread on here, I'm just about to make mine, with summer coming I'm finally finding time to get to it (i've just finished up 2 projects.) This is really nice! I wanna make mine similar to this.
Quote by barefootboy
Whitewater, about 45 min. away from you.

Cool, my parents both went to college there. Lovely instrument, by the way.
Thats cool, i use an 18' and a 25' foot radius dish for mine. aint nothin better than fingerplaning some braces on a monday morning eh?

i love it, there is NOTHING in this world more rewarding than building an acoustic instrument from scratch.