I used the searchbar for 'alternate tunings' and 'DADGAD' but no helpful topics came up.

What are some good 90's alternative songs that use the DADGAD tuning? Any genre, really, just some songs to add to the repretoire. I heard a lot of alt-tuning people like DADGAD, so I just tuned to it and would like to know some songs in it. I checked the advanced tab search (just on UG) and there isn't an option for it. (Unless it's open D, but I don't think it is, is it?)

But anyway, possibly something that has a decent solo would be nice as well, just showcasing the pros of DADGAD. Thank you in advance.
Isnt Rain Song in that tuning? Its by Zeppelin, and i think he uses that tuning for it sometimes.
Andy Mckee - Drifting

Have fun trying to learn that one though
Kashmir - Led Zeppelin

/Thread
↓↑ MISDIRECT ↑↓

The (Rather Basic) Rig:
- 1982 Marshall JCM 800 2204 (Feels good, man)
- 1960 Marshall AV Cab (Vintage 30s, Feels good, man)
- A shitty MIM strat
- Fulltone OCD (Jizztastic)
- Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Last edited by Hirschberger at May 9, 2008,
Well, yeah Kashmir (you think you're cool, with you're mispelled song titles ) by Led Zeppelin is definitely one.

Laurence Juber does a lot in DADGAD, I saw he transcribed Somewhere Over the Rainbow (the OZ version, but I love the Bruddah Iz one to death).

After checking Wikipedia (I don't go DADGAD unless I'm playing Kashmir, but it's fun to noodle in for me), I found these songs:

White Summer - The Yardbirds (Page)
Black Mountain Side - Led Zeppelin

I don't feel like thoroughly researching these guys (sorry), but here are some guitarists who use DAGAD, as well:

Davey Graham
Stan Rogers
Pierre Bensusan
Tony McManus
Bert Jansch
Richard Thompson
Dick Gaughan
Paul McSherry
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
my spellingz is r bayad

Give me a break I'm on my sidekick and typing is almost impossible it's a bitch!
↓↑ MISDIRECT ↑↓

The (Rather Basic) Rig:
- 1982 Marshall JCM 800 2204 (Feels good, man)
- 1960 Marshall AV Cab (Vintage 30s, Feels good, man)
- A shitty MIM strat
- Fulltone OCD (Jizztastic)
- Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Last edited by Hirschberger at May 9, 2008,
Haha, I know it's not 90's, but the acoustic version of Jasey Rae is in that tuning. No solo in it, but it sounds fantastic. Hell, even when my talentless fingers try and play it.
Quote by Creation23
Try Opeth, some of their stuff is in that I think.

Baying of the hounds I believe it was..