Page 1 of 2
Five years ago, what would you have guessed you'd be doing at the age you are now? How does it compare to what you actually do these days - where you live, your job or school or college, the people you spend time with...?
I lived in B.C. a year ago. I had no idea I'd be living here, in Ontario (it sucks).
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
i thought i would be and A+ student. i'm really a A-B-C-D student now.... Laff all you want, I'm cool with it.

E-married to no one
My Name is MaryJane
Pokemon Black FC: 3310-5005-8816

Quote by Kumanji
Honestly, I know where Alabama is and I suppose that explains your deeply striking looks...
Nah I thought id be cool as **** and doing an interesting job.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti SE with PRS USA Tremonti pickups
2001 Ibanez RG470
Peavey Bandit 112
Fender Superchamp XD
USA Jackson SL1
Five years ago I was 13.

At that time the longest I contemplated the future for was 5 minutes, just enough to jump at the right time in Rayman on PS1
Quote by mj_is_the_name
i thought i would be and A+ student. i'm really a A-B-C-D student now.... Laff all you want, I'm cool with it.
No laughing...grades aren't everything. I used to get straight As - nowadays I have a lot more fun

Five years ago I was on the road to being kicked out of school. I'd applied to join the air force and had a couple of interviews. I would have expected to be in the air force now at 20. I'd never have believed I would have grown my hair, learned guitar and bass, been to uni, dropped out and then applied to uni again et cetera.
Last edited by smb at May 8, 2008,
I'm doing almost exactly how I expected 5 years ago except I'm not at the uni I wanted.

If we go back 10 years ago then there are obviously a few things I haven't done that I thought (naively) that I was gonna do. They range from moving out into my own house (note: own house, not rented/shared accommodation) to being able to do whatever I wanted (as in ANYTHING).
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
being able to do whatever I wanted (as in ANYTHING).
What would you have liked to do that you can't do at the moment?
Quote by Roughage
Five years ago, I was a geek who hardly went out. Never thought my life would turn out the way it did!

but....but.....

ur in the pit?????
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
I never thought I'd be going to music college or playing guitar or doing vocals a few years ago. Hell I wasn't even interested in music at all. It was computer games all the way back then.
I probably never would have guessed that I would stop playing basketball and become obsessed with playing guitar.
Five years ago I had met this girl I was nuts over. We lasted three years. I was sure things were gonna go better. I expected to be making more than 7.90 an hour. And all my friends are really far away. All that is good inspiriation for some heavy metal baby. So, although it's all bad. Plenty of good songs have blossomed. Not to mention, I've had a ton more time to practice. It all works out in the end.
I was expecting to be at university now, but i took a gap year and still haven't got around to sorting it.
Quote by smb
What would you have liked to do that you can't do at the moment?

go on holiday on a whim.

buy anything I wanted.

stuff like that.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Hell a year and a half ago I didnt think I'd be living how I am now. I was so religious and didn't drink or do drugs a year ago but things have changed I guess. Plus, 5 years ago I wouldn't have thought I would be as lazy as I've become and I would've thought I'd be going to a much better college. Not that I don't love my life right now, just thought it'd be a lot different.
Quote by Reverb X
I think you should touch your penis. It solves all problems.

Quote by JimmyPageda2nd
My penis is not huge.

EDIT: If anyone sigs that, I'll beat their ass.

Member of the Nobody Club:We Don't Matter Enough To Have Titles. PM gunther_sucks to join
Honestly no, but all the things that have happened im glad they've happened.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
go on holiday on a whim.

buy anything I wanted.

stuff like that.
Ah...wealth is always the limiting factor

though I did take a random trip to Spain during the first term of my second year - my tutor was pissed that I disappeared for three weeks
Quote by Unrulyguitarist
We lasted three years. I was sure things were gonna go better.
Hey - it's not all about duration. I've had month-long relationships that were more fun and changed me more than the bitch I spent three years with. It's all about good times.
Quote by smb
Ah...wealth is always the limiting factor

though I did take a random trip to Spain during the first term of my second year - my tutor was pissed that I disappeared for three weeks

It's not that my free will is limited, it's the means.

being honest, the law is a deterrent, nothing more. It punishes you after the fact. If you're willing to accept the consequences you can do anything.

Quote by element4433
i definately knew i'd be at uni.

what i'd be doing was another matter.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
5 years ago i was 12 so im pretty ok where i am right now
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
5 years? No change. Same job. Same co-workers. Same house. Same wife. Same kids.
Now you change that to 35 years ago and my answer would "Are you fucking shitting me? There is no way in hell that is how my life is going to unfold"
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
**** no...if there was a time machine i would go back and change a lot of things
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, I

The Sky Is The Limit
nah, all i wanted to do 5 years ago was get good at lacrosse, and i dont even know what i wanted to do for college, also i didnt smoke or drink, but im pretty happy with how things turned out, i actually have a lot more friends now, probably due to the fact i stopped sitting at home playing video games. I think they are the wost hobby, there are so many more cooler things you could spend your time getting good at.(like guitar hero)
Not in the slightest. But its worked out far better than I could have hoped for.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
Too be honest no. 5 years ago I was in 8th grade and now I am about to graduate highschool in 3 weeks. I had the worst years of my life from 8th grade through to sophomore year and things actually started getting better last year. Now, life is pretty damn good. I never expected that I would be into the kind of music I am into, I never expected to be as good at guitar as I am now (I am not boasting but I just started guitar in 8th grade and after a LONG time practicing I have gotten exceedingly better), I never expected to have the great group of friends I have now, and I never expected that I may have found a great girl whom I may be with in a matter of time (hopefully). It is true, life can only get better (if you remain positive).
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
I never thought i'd end up at university.
I never thought i'd have an anxiety disorder. I always thought everyone was that scared.
I knew Jackal would pop up the minute I read the first post.

Anyway, my so far short life is going pretty much how I anticipated it to go 5 years ago.
I was goign to do a science based course at Uni, and I intended to do maths and all 3 sciences at A-level.

Instead, I took photography, got very into art, and ended up doing a Graphic Design Degree.

So just 3 years ago, I wouldn't have imagined my life would play out like this.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by r04ch
I never thought i'd have an anxiety disorder. I always thought everyone was that scared.
I know what you mean - I would never have guessed I'd be diagnosed with bipolar. I just thought other people coped with their emotions and moods a lot better than I did.
I don't really care, to me what matters is what I am right now, not what I was or will be.
I thought I'd have graduated high school by now

And apparently the girls really like my nouveau short hair.
hue
Naw, when I was 13 I never predicted I'd get as obsessive over music, never thought I'd go beyond weed and try cocaine/ ecstasy etc. Never thought I'd start taking my mums prescription drugs, never thought I'd drop out of college (twice). But all in all... I'm a better person
I was 14 so didn't really think about things so much, I think I wanted to be a projection of the person I was inside, because I was really shy. I've conquored that much, but life could still be a lot better =/
Five years ago.... I would've guessed college, but I wouldn't have guessed I'd be about to go study Wildlife Photography at Uni.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Page 1 of 2