For some odd reason, a radio station always plays out of my amp when I try to play. It's been doing this for about two weeks and it is seriously staring to piss me off. Is there anyway to MAKE IT STOP?!

move the radio on your desk, its receiving the signals from the station, and the signals are also going to your pickups. either get humbuckers if you can't do anything else, or move whatever in your room picks up a radio signal
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Last edited by muse-ik at May 8, 2008,
But you see, I want to play my guitar, but I don't want to hear the radio.

And basically:
No amp = no guitar playing (No, I'm not going to play acoustically)
haha, this is a common problem with wah pedals and some amps. You probably have grounding/shielding issues with your amp but to make sure its not the pickups, unplug your guitar and see if it still plays radio.

You can also try moving the amp around the room and see if that helps...or get a new amp...
I've noticed that this happens more often with high gain and high volume. When my band practices, the other guitarist often picks up Christian talk-radio. It may also be that there is a radio station broadcasting close to your house. That happened to me at my old house.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Its probably picking up signals from telephone wires/electricity wires. It happened to me once I thought my amp was haunted cause it would have piano in the backround I was like WTF!!!Im not playing a Piano!!!!!!!!!!
7-String Krowa Riff Meister
Its probably picking up signals from telephone wires/electricity wires. It happened to me once I thought my amp was haunted cause it would have piano in the backround I was like WTF!!!Im not playing a Piano!!!!!!!!!!
7-String Krowa Riff Meister
Quote by moody07747
haha, this is a common problem with wah pedals and some amps. You probably have grounding/shielding issues with your amp but to make sure its not the pickups, unplug your guitar and see if it still plays radio.

You can also try moving the amp around the room and see if that helps...or get a new amp...

Thanks, I'll try that later.
why not use it like tom morello does at the end of sleep now in the fire? thats a korean radio station that came from one of his pedals. on second thought, check if its maybe one of your pedals that isnt properly shielded.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Quote by muse-ik
why not use it like tom morello does at the end of sleep now in the fire? thats a korean radio station that came from one of his pedals. on second thought, check if its maybe one of your pedals that isnt properly shielded.

I didn't mention I'm playing a bass did I? No pedals.
Quote by moody07747

my old really, really, i mean REALLY crappy wah pedal did that...i got a crybaby and iit solved the problem.
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
Not sure why it happens, but it happened to tom morello's amp at the end of sleep now in the fire. It was a korean station too I think.
get a new chord for your guitar and amp, mines somewhat broken and if you move it slightly it buzzes like when you touch the tip with your finger, so you have to wiggle it to get it to stop, if I wiggle it a certain way it can pick up a radio station.