will my gibby sound good through the big muff. i just bought one on ebay and im waiting for it to get here, so in the mean time i have been reading a ton of stuff about that pedal.
but i was lookin at some reviews, and there were alot of good comments but there was this one that really bugged me.
here it is,

"Product: Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA Reissue
Price Paid: euros 60
Submitted 02/12/2008 at 07:45am by soundie

Ease of Use : 10
Very easy to use `cause what ever you do, it`s same cheep sound.

Sound Quality : 1
I`m playing Gibson 335s deluxe and tube combo Marshall amp. This setup works fine for me. I was hoping to get some vintage boost and sustain from this pedal... nothing but the noise...
If you want to kill your tone, plug in.

Reliability : No Opinion
Never used it on stage.

Customer Support : No Opinion

Overall Rating : 1
I am playing for nearly 20 years in various music styles.
Through this period of time nothing can get between guitar and amp.
Anyone who worked in studio knows that only good sound to record is the original one. Guitar and amp. Thats all. If you don`t have the sound, go back and work it out. Producers job is to alter it and pack it in the whole picture (song, album etc.). Of course I`ve tried a lot of stuff. Still got a few pedals, BOSS, that is. Chorus, Flanger, Compressor. I do not use them.
The only thing I use is Dunlop cry baby Wah. Dynamics of altering your sound with this pedal can not be replaced with no producer.
"

so im just wondering if anyone else has played the bigmuff with a 335, and thought it sounded good...........or bad.
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
Last edited by TeXaS_db at May 8, 2008,
"I`m playing Gibson 335s deluxe and tube combo Marshall amp. This setup works fine for me. I was hoping to get some vintage boost and sustain from this pedal... nothing but the noise...
If you want to kill your tone, plug in."

Now that's the problem. The Big Muff is essentially a fuzz pedal.. It's just not what he was looking for. The Big Muff is great though. I love mine.
Quote by pugnapugnapugna
"I`m playing Gibson 335s deluxe and tube combo Marshall amp. This setup works fine for me. I was hoping to get some vintage boost and sustain from this pedal... nothing but the noise...
If you want to kill your tone, plug in."

Now that's the problem. The Big Muff is essentially a fuzz pedal.. It's just not what he was looking for. The Big Muff is great though. I love mine.

Thanks, thats a relief to hear, i was starting to regret buying it.
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
I have a big muff and a metal muff. That guy was expecting the big muff to do what the metal muff does probably. But the big muff is a fuzz box.

In fact the big muff USA reissua is probably my second favorite pedal. Top being my EHX holy grail plus.
That guy is retarded.

Everybody who has used a Muff knows exactly what to expect. This was simply a case where some tool bought one on a whim, then decided he didn't like it, so he went on HC and bashed it.

I've owned/own various Muff pedals, and they've all been wonderful. That being said, you don't use a fuzz pedal (especially a Muff) like you would any other pedal. You have to know how to tame it and harness its' awesome power.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
I love mine.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.