So far I'm pretty skeptical on whether it's gonna be good or not. I believe Lars said that they were referencing back to their '80's albums, but then again he said they were writing some "nutty" stuff, which makes me kinda nervous. Any thoughts?
Considering the band never released anything worth listening to......

its gonna be great!

pfffffffffft
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

I think it'll definitely be better than St.Anger which is not saying that much. it'll probably have a few pretty good songs on it
I expect some awesome basslines
some good vox performances
some wah-ed out pentatonic/phrygian wankery
basic Lars drum ****
and I expect the diehards to love it, the passives to "meh" it, and the haters to continue hating it.
You can always expect a good bassline from Rob, and yeah, Lars' drumming has become very trite. Hopefully they've realized that. Oh, and hopefully Papa Het can fix up his singing.
Considering I haven't liked anything Metallica's released in about 20 years , I'll probably hate it.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by Terror Kovenant
Considering the band never released anything worth listening to......

its gonna be great!

pfffffffffft

+over 9000
bree bree look how fucking metal i am
Unless it's Kill 'Em All middle-eastern style with a complete and utter return to form, I'm gonna say -aNO.

Even if it was all that, I'd still ignore it.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Meh, from the 2 leaked songs, I expect it to be kind of a half-assed attempt to return to their roots, accompanied by terrible guitar tone.
Quote by piratemetalhead
Meh, from the 2 leaked songs, I expect it to be kind of a half-assed attempt to return to their roots, accompanied by terrible guitar tone.

Link
I don't want to bring up a great history...But, it most likely won't compare with Master of Puppets or Ride The Lightning.
Quote by piratemetalhead
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5k92R7IVbDs&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BQ5bh4FkAxc&feature=related

The intro the "the new song" reminded me of Ride the Lightning, but then it turned into some (my opinion) forced-sounding groove riff. The "other new song" I haven't really listened fully yet, so I can't judge that :P.

Ooold. Those two aren't going to be on the new album. That's confirmed.
I've found Jesus
i'll listen to it, even though i didn't like anyting since TBA and that was decent at best. if it's bad, i'm done with them. also, Metallica thread.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5