i always thought ibanez was for metal and shreeders is that true? or cant you play clean open chords, notes, jazz, blues, classic and hard rock as well as red hot chili peppers? thanks in advace
Well, there is the Artcore series, which has Semi-Hollow body guitars.

EDIT: There may be solid bodies, but I'm not sure.
Saint Louis Blues
Yeah there are plenty of different models, some of which do some tones better than others. But in general you should be fine. I've heard great blues and jazz tones from RGs, and I've heard decent distorted tones from artcores.
Artcores and Artist series guitars seem a bit less shreddy than the others. Artists are very nice-looking solid bodies. And Artcores are more jazz guitars, and have great clean tones.
Well, Froosh used an Ibanez on Mother's Milk.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
What's your budget?

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
RGs are actually really good for jazz because it's easy to quickly change chords and play fast lead lines on the thin neck.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by MrGoodyear812
i always thought ibanez was for metal and shreeders is that true? or cant you play clean open chords, notes, jazz, blues, classic and hard rock as well as red hot chili peppers? thanks in advace

i have an ibanez jet king and i use it for blues and rock.
Go find a Artist or Musician Ibanez from the late 70s and you will have a fantastic guitar suited to just about anything! The flying fingers pickups back then rivaled anything Gibson produced.
Check out Ibanez Collectors World if you want to know about Ibanez.
http://www.ibanezcollectors.com/FAQMain.html
Any guitar (Like an Ibanez) with powerful, high output pick-ups is going to have a great variety of rich, crisp tone. Note clarity is normally well over average, as well as the obvious effects of making the guitar itself louder. Ibanez guitars tend to also have very deep frets and shallow necks, and often come with features like floating and locking trem systems.

These facts alone make them great for shredding and metal playing. The note clarity from the powerful electronics keeps faster solos from sounding muffled and messy. The shallow necks and deep frets give you a sturdy feel for the guitar....and the floating trems are responsible for all sorts of trademark metal and shred techniques.

All in all, i love Ibanez as i think they make beautiful guitars. But there are some things that they are less suited for (again this goes for all similar guitars).

The tone normally lacks the "warmth" you get from less powerful instruments such as strats. Its sorta down to personal preference, but if im playing something that has some soul to it, and isnt just a dirty rocker....i tend to play one of my strats.
Servant woman! Fetch me a drying cloth at once!!