Whats your opinion on this subject?

I for one think it's total BS.
Anyone can blame anything for stuff they do but that doesnt necessarily make it that item/person's fault.

I think people like that should be put in a mental institution.

Because all they are trying to do is if they commit suicide or kill someone because of music/games they are just trying to bring the music/game developer down.

Like for say if I commited suicide and said it was my gf's fault or I said that grand theft auto made me kill a cop and highjack a car to kill people in it and run people over with the car. That would make me seem insane right?

Well this to me is total BS because the people that are doing this doesnt know how much crap this causes the band/game/game developer. Because they are technically saying since I killed this person and I can't play this game anymore since I'm in prison/jail then no one else has the priviledge to play this.

Anyways Tell me your reason/opinion about this.
totally true dude. There is a story on the main page about a girl committing suicide. Its because people always want to blame other people and not take responsibility for what may be their own fault. In that story her listening to 'emo' music was linked to her dying. Thats so crap. Firstly the parents just want to shift the blame off themselves so they don't seem like bad parents and they want to shift the blame off their daughter so she doesn't seem like a selfish little brat.

Its so much easier to blame everyone and everything else for your own problems
Its because people are scared. Scared of admitting it was their, their daughter's or son's, their friend's, or anyone's fault. They want to blame a generalized group to avoid any sort of confrontation or true opinion or acknowledgement.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
totally agree. been playing violent games for years and never had the urge to kill anyone.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Quote by DiveRightIn63
Its because people are scared. Scared of admitting it was their, their daughter's or son's, their friend's, or anyone's fault. They want to blame a generalized group to avoid any sort of confrontation or true opinion or acknowledgement.

amen. they're pussies
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Quote by ferretman
Its so much easier to blame everyone and everything else for your own problems

+17648563

its so common nowaday for parents to blame their childrens behavioral issues on video game and/or music. most people dont want to admit that they themselves are at fault. this is true about most things i think.
Same here. I have played violent video games and listened to violent music or whatever people would call it and I have never ever had the urge to off my self or anyone else.

All of this is just stupid. I swear if anyone of my friends tried to pull that s*** with me I'd Slap em for being stupid enough to think that.
They even blame it on Diseases, Like i heard a story about a guy raping a child and his mother defended him because he said he was skitzo even though they had no medical data to back that up nor could they prove it. And he got off easy because of that. And also i have been playing violent games, listening to all sorts of music watching violent movies and in 21 years i have never even been in a fight.
I think people that commit violent crimes and blame it on music or video games should get a much harsher sentence because they knew it was causeing them to have "urges" but they didnt do anything to stop it.
Is thread inspired by the article on the front page of UG?

It's not bad if it is, i'm just curious.

As I said in that article...It doesn't matter how much influence you have, in the end, you're the only to blame for your actions.
Quote by severed-metal
Is thread inspired by the article on the front page of UG?

It's not bad if it is, i'm just curious.

As I said in that article...It doesn't matter how much influence you have, in the end, you're the only to blame for your actions.

Actually no it's not. The article on the front page of UG just brought up previous conversations I have heard/had and I decided to make another one all about it.
Okay, I play some Halo3... I get mad and shoot someone and blame it on the game. (literally)

or...

I shoot somebody cuz they made me mad...

What's more real?
My Sig =
EPIC FAIL
well its never the person that does it that blames music or video games, its a bunch of fat old skanks on their periods
Call me Jack
I disagree. I think that media does influence the way people behave and the attitudes people have towards certain things in a big way. I usually feel the mood of music that Im listening. For example, listening to Rage Against the Machine makes me feel pissed off and angry. Did listening to a certain kind of music make them do that? Of course not. It might have reinforced a certain violent behavior of glamorized something, but I think that the problem is usually with the parents.
I'll be your number one with a bullet.
Whats more real?

I would say...? Well h*** I don't know. But a real reason to shoot someone would either be if you were in the war OR someone got awy with raping your daughter and the trial had been dropped. It's kinda like the Oj Simpson trial they keep bringing up. Either put him away or just drop the trial. You know