who are some artists that you think represent musical maturity?

for a young guy, i think john mayer shows a lot of maturity in his music.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
Jack White
"You've got to dance like nobody else is watching.
Dream like you will live forever.
Live like you're going to die tomorrow,
and love like it is never gonna hurt."
-- James Dean (1931-1955)

Quote by JakeTheDuck
This man has the right idea.

^
oh yeahhh
Trivium (flame if you want). Matts lyrics touch on some great issues and the whole band sound great and have a good progressive sound. And they are all just over 20 years old.
Barry White
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Pearl Jam, definately.
Gibson SG Standard
Dean Avalanche
Line 6 Spider II 30
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah

Velvet Revolver/Alice in Chains- 10/7/07
Foo Fighters - 1/17/08
Pearl Jam - 6/12/08
Stone Temple Pilots- 8/22/08
Flobots

even though it's rap, i think they present some good ideas.

i also agree with John Mayer and Jack White

EDIT: i'd also like to add Muse
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.
Last edited by peter von chaps at May 8, 2008,
Journey. If there was any song I'd call musically mature, it'd be Midnight Train.

EDIT: and unless saxaxe is being sarcastic (don't take that the wrong way if you aren't), I disagree.
We're only strays.
Last edited by Martyr's Prayer at May 8, 2008,
mark hoppus. although a complete juvenile influence he has owned and operated and cooperated 2 companies and cooperated a quad-platinum band. yeah.
Thrice, Thursday and Straylight Run have pretty mature lyrics I guess.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Already been said. Jack White and John Mayer. But apparently John Mayer is a douche. I don't believe it though.

EDIT:
Quote by StreetLight3989
I've seemed to listen to more indie rather than hardcore punk as I've matured, but I'd hardly call myself mature, I'm 15.

I think you missed the point....
Last edited by fretsonfire74 at May 8, 2008,
There are so many political bands out at the moment who actually have the right idea of what it means to produce music and poetry. When the bulk of music today is about soldier boys beging "up in it oh' and pimps in the crib, dropping something hot. Bands like Muse, opeth, dream theater and many many more come allong with a lot of maturity and purpose to their music
Quote by mattvl
Listen to this guy, he's australian. If there are any people out there who know how to handle women it's australians.
Quote by fretsonfire74
Already been said. Jack White and John Mayer. But apparently John Mayer is a douche. I don't believe it though.

No, he spoofed 2G1C!! Would a douche do that? No.
We're only strays.
Quote by whosamerica
mark hoppus. although a complete juvenile influence he has owned and operated and cooperated 2 companies and cooperated a quad-platinum band. yeah.

sure he's business minded, but his music isn't mature. that's what the whole thread is about...
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Journey. If there was any song I'd call musically mature, it'd be Midnight Train.

i'm almost certain they have no such titled song...

they have a Midnight Dreamer

but i think you're talking about Don't Stop Believin' ...
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.
Quote by clay pots
sure he's business minded, but his music isn't mature. that's what the whole thread is about...

oh... nevermind. lol..
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
No, he spoofed 2G1C!! Would a douche do that? No.

I first read that as spooned....
And anything to do with that video is disgusting.
I think Bloc Party are quite a mature band, their music is reasonably complex, and their lyrics are superb.

Opeth is another mature bad, their music is quite complex, but not overly so, and their lyrics can be really good.
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Jesse Lacey after Your Favorite Weapon

Also, Manchester Orchestra is realllly mature musically. So is Death Cab For Cutie and The Shins

Magicedit:
Quote by Boogie Man
I think Bloc Party are quite a mature band, their music is reasonably complex, and their lyrics are superb.

and Bloc Party!

Plus, Connor Oberst
Quote by dannay
B.B. King. I mean, he's what, six thousand, seven thousand years old?

Yes, thats correct.

And yeah I meant Don't Stop Believin'.
We're only strays.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer

EDIT: and unless saxaxe is being sarcastic (don't take that the wrong way if you aren't), I disagree.

Midnight Train? You mean Don't Stop Believing I hope.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by Martyr's Prayer

I am, dont worry. I thought it would get more of a reaction than that and I wanted my entertainment

Anyway, as far as REAL maturity goes, Opeth is up there, as is Devin Townsend. Pelican is another band that needs mentioning.
I'd have to go with Jack White.
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
Today, me and my gf went to the movies. During, i put my hand down her shorts.
I keep smelling my hand as of now....anything wrong with me?
teh pronz
Yes, the acceptance of multiple hardcore subgenres, Miles Davis, and most good hip-hop. (A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, EPMD, and Dr. Dre)
last.fm[/url}
Drive-By Truckers. Aside from Pizza Deliverance, they have matured greatly, it's just so real.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ