Hey UGers I was hoping you guys could recommend me a pack of picks to go buy tonight with my free $5 gift card I got in the mail to GC.

I have used the purple Tortex 1.14 and found they were too thick, but the .7 were too thin for me to really get the pinch harmonics out. For a while I was using these 1.00 brain picks with a grip and they were nice but were flimsy after a while.

I do a lot of trem picking, a bit of sweeping, and lots of pinch harmonics. Can you recommend me a pick to try out? Thanks.

I really like the Jazz III picks from Dunlop. They're pretty thick but that really helped my tremolo picking. I suggest you try one out and see if you like it. Those things last for a long time too.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by Slaytanic6606
I really like the Jazz III picks from Dunlop. They're pretty thick but that really helped my tremolo picking. I suggest you try one out and see if you like it. Those things last for a long time too.

The nylon standard Jazz III's or the XLs?
Just go to the store and see if they have singles and test them out at the store... Or go online and buy a bargin bag or just start buying picks on occasion till you find one you like.

There is no way you can suggest a pick, im sorry its all personal prefrence and comfort.

And all your going to get out of this thread is a hundred different pick size's and brands so your back to square one.. There isnt a perfect pick that works for everyone..
i have totex .50 or something like that... i have no problem with harmonics i have .60's too but they seem a little to thick for me but do work
According to wiki FAP really stands for familial adenomatous polyposis, a type of colon cancer.
--------------
Ibanez SZ720
Randall RG75D
--------------
Me Playing Stuff: Here
ULTEX Jazz IIIs. They rule.

The grip becomes a little bit less over time, but they don't wear out, ever. I've got a plentiful supply, myself..
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Just go to the store and see if they have singles and test them out at the store... Or go online and buy a bargin bag or just start buying picks on occasion till you find one you like.

There is no way you can suggest a pick, im sorry its all personal prefrence and comfort.

And all your going to get out of this thread is a hundred different pick size's and brands so your back to square one.. There isnt a perfect pick that works for everyone..

I understand that. I thought by saying what I didn't like, I could get suggestions to a pick that others didn't think had the same problems.

The general consensus is Jazz III's, so I guess I'll grab a pack of those. Thanks for the help all.
Must it be picks, or are you willing to use it as $5 to add to cash and buy something bigger, like me? (I could've gotten two cards, but my mom deleted her email. She gets the emails because of me )
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Am I the only one who likes thins, the fender thins are what I've got now...seem to allow more of the strings' sound to emanate, rather than that horrible plunking/popping which seems to accompany heavies.

granted this is all on acoustic...
i use the dunlop yellow tortex. not sure what thickness they are.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
Quote by yoyodunno
The regular jazz III's, definitely not the xl's.

why not?i personally didnt like the regulars but i love the xl's.I guess its just preference but yes definitely jazz III's
Cool brand Jazz juratex picks. Best picks ever.
My band - DEADIRON
Playstyle - Rock / Metal / Hardcore / Punk
Main Gear
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Memory Man Deluxe
ISP Decimator

Mesa Single Rectifier Rect-o-Verb
Quote by guitar/bass76
Am I the only one who likes thins, the fender thins are what I've got now...seem to allow more of the strings' sound to emanate, rather than that horrible plunking/popping which seems to accompany heavies.

granted this is all on acoustic...

i hate those. my friend gave me one and after some led zeppelin and megadeth it ripped in half.