i have to get mine out next week and im wondering about some things...

if you get stitches does it still bleed alot and stuff?

is there a way to prevent the swelling cuz i have school?

what is it like when you wake up?
I don't remember mine bleeding at all... but after the anesthesia, laughing gas, and pain killers, I don't honestly remember too much the day of the surgery... and rest of the week I took off from school, and I felt great!
it bleeds that day but if your lucky the anesthesia hasn't worn off yet so your jaw is numb the rest of the day... other then that it pretty much a dull ache and a ***** to eat real food (well at least for me it was, it took 2 weeks before i could eat everything comfortably again, some people it only takes a day of two) ya its not bad but not that great either
According to wiki FAP really stands for familial adenomatous polyposis, a type of colon cancer.
--------------
Ibanez SZ720
Randall RG75D
--------------
Me Playing Stuff: Here
I had my back teeth taken out ages ago - I don't think they were wisdom teeth - and afterwards it was generally a matter of having wads of cotton wool in my mouth some of the time, and you notice the absence of the teeth. You realise that before, you were unconsciously resting your teeth against each other.
o ya and when you get put to sleep do you have to put on all the surgery robes and stuff and take your clothes off or can i just leave my clothes on?
Yeah, I was basically high the whole time. I have weird reactions to painkillers. So I was spacey for 4 days. Didn't hurt at all, though. Ate mashed potatoes for awhile...Tasty.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure you can leave your clothes on...Haha.
dude, this isnt as bad as it sounds, although i was nervous as hell.

first off, NITROUS OXIDE IS THE ****!

i moved my arm, and i thought i fell out of the chair, flew out the window, then flew around PA for awhile. then down a tunnel. a fun time.

i do remember them telling me they were putting the IV in for sedation, altohugh i couldnt feel it at all. everything is fuzzy, unless you keep your eyes open (DONT)

i'm not a druggy at all, but that stuff was fun XD

i dont even remember them sedating me (20,20,24 hours to gooo i wanna be sedated....)--sorry ramones reference..

then what feels like a second later you kind of snap your eyes open, your mouth is filled with gauze, and a hot nurse was standing next to me (i'm sure she found it very erotic when i was about to be sedated, muttering about **** and snoring extremely loudly..)

the bloody gauze is not fun. it's really gross. but after first day, it isnt bad anymore. you'll ooze blood for a few days. what sucks is not eating REAL food for like 5 days. i survived on yogurt drink and scrambled eggs..torture.

but seriously, painkillers take care of everything. use cold compresses when you first get home to cover sweeling, then in a day or two start using warm compresses. i still bruised, but it wasnt too bad.

EDIT: You dont have to get naked.

EDIT AGAIN: all of mine were under the bone supposively. he had to chop out bits of bone. you'll be fine.

i pray sir, that all goes well for you.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Last edited by THE Saint Jimmy at May 8, 2008,
Mine hadn't come in all the way yet, so they had to dig them out. I was supposed to be under, but I kept waking up.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Quote by THE Saint Jimmy
dude, this isnt as bad as it sounds, although i was nervous as hell.

first off, NITROUS OXIDE IS THE ****!

i moved my arm, and i thought i fell out of the chair, flew out the window, then flew around PA for awhile. then down a tunnel. a fun time.

i do remember them telling me they were putting the IV in for sedation, altohugh i couldnt feel it at all. everything is fuzzy, unless you keep your eyes open (DONT)

i'm not a druggy at all, but that stuff was fun XD

i dont even remember them sedating me (20,20,24 hours to gooo i wanna be sedated....)--sorry ramones reference..

then what feels like a second later you kind of snap your eyes open, your mouth is filled with gauze, and a hot nurse was standing next to me (i'm sure she found it very erotic when i was about to be sedated, muttering about **** and snoring extremely loudly..)

the bloody gauze is not fun. it's really gross. but after first day, it isnt bad anymore. you'll ooze blood for a few days. what sucks is not eating REAL food for like 5 days. i survived on yogurt drink and scrambled eggs..torture.

but seriously, painkillers take care of everything. use cold compresses when you first get home to cover sweeling, then in a day or two start using warm compresses. i still bruised, but it wasnt too bad.

EDIT: You dont have to get naked.

EDIT AGAIN: all of mine were under the bone supposively. he had to chop out bits of bone. you'll be fine.

i pray sir, that all goes well for you.

haha thanks. this is actually starting to sound fun
yeah man, i tried to help you out as best as i could, because i was damn nervous, and scared. im a pussy. D:

they inject novacaine after you're sedated (at least with me they did) , so you wont have to face the needle either. and that helps numb any pain for a while afterward to. but dont hesitate to take the painkillers. once you feel a little pain, get a percoset or whatever they give you in you so that it doesnt turn out to be painful.

but dont worry dude, it's really not bad at all.

best of luck
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
I get a goddamn needle.
I want gas
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
i don't remember much of mine. I think I got laughing gas and I vaguely remember him saying something like "This is laughing gas. I'm gonna tell you a joke that isn't funny at all and you are going to laugh and I laughed hysterically then I woke up at home. Drug test two days later which I failed hard but with good reason.

You probably won't go to school the next day...
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
haha getting my wisdom teeth out was the best.
so yeah, it sucks to eat, but everything else is fun (the painkillers are off the hook)

as for the swelling, i think you either get it or you dont

and i only remember walking out of the building after i woke up, but i was pretty with it
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine