so whats the deal?....whats do you actually gain from goin from ltd to esp?....i really like the ec-1000...but whats so much better with the esp name?....and how do these compare to a gibson around the same price range?
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
same as epiphone to gibson you basically get a guitar made in USA and the better quality that comes along with that
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
ESP are def worth the price tag... overall better value and craftmanship than Gibson
Quote by BAoxymoron
same as epiphone to gibson you basically get a guitar made in USA and the better quality that comes along with that

except every Ltd I've seen has been better than the comparable epi
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
Then if epiphone is to gibson as LTD is to ESP then imagine how good a ESP is
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Only thing is no ESPs are made in USA... Or atleast not to my knowledge, they're all made in Japan, which I really am undecided which is truly better, I really like some Japanese models, but I've only ever played one USA (Dean Razorback) and I liked it a lot... USA is MUCH more expensive though, as usual.
Quote by BAoxymoron
Then if epiphone is to gibson as LTD is to ESP then imagine how good a ESP is

good point
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
i think its like a MIM strat compared to a MIA strat

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by edusty2010
Only thing is no ESPs are made in USA... Or atleast not to my knowledge, they're all made in Japan, which I really am undecided which is truly better, I really like some Japanese models, but I've only ever played one USA (Dean Razorback) and I liked it a lot... USA is MUCH more expensive though, as usual.

i'm 95% sure that only ESP custom shops are made in Japan And that standard ESPs are made in USA i do know that the company it self is based out of California and i thought they had a factory there too.
-George Will

Quote by BAoxymoron
i'm 95% sure that only ESP custom shops are made in Japan And that standard ESPs are made in USA i do know that the company it self is based out of California and i thought they had a factory there too.

Ok then, like I said I wasn't sure, but I know the custom shop is based in Japan, the standard series tho I have no idea where they're made lol
but what about sound....i dont think you'll notice much sound difference...will you?
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
ESP = made in their main Japanese factory, handcrafted, better quality woods and hardware, better attention to detail, better quality control, honestly they are the most amazing guitars I have ever played.

LTD (400 and higher) = made on an assembly line in Korea. Still very good quality and all that, but not quite a real ESP.

LTD (below 400) = made in Indonesia. They are sort of a hit and miss. Some of them are gems for the price, some of them are made of fail (most of the ones that use agathis, for instance).

So basically, the advantage to going with a real ESP is the guarantee that you are getting a VERY high quality instrument that was made by some very experienced builders by hand. It's not as much in the sound as it is in the feel of it. But if you want to save some money by going with an LTD Deluxe (1000 series), go for it. They are still great guitars.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee
ESP = made in their main Japanese factory, handcrafted, better quality woods and hardware, better attention to detail, better quality control, honestly they are the most amazing guitars I have ever played.

LTD (400 and higher) = made on an assembly line in Korea. Still very good quality and all that, but not quite a real ESP.

LTD (below 400) = made in Indonesia. They are sort of a hit and miss. Some of them are gems for the price, some of them are made of fail (most of the ones that use agathis, for instance).

So basically, the advantage to going with a real ESP is the guarantee that you are getting a VERY high quality instrument that was made by some very experienced builders by hand. It's not as much in the sound as it is in the feel of it. But if you want to save some money by going with an LTD Deluxe (1000 series), go for it. They are still great guitars.

good info...thanks
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Get your hands on them though, look at the construction, etc. Sometimes you find one of the "budget model" type guitars (like LTD, or Epi, or Squier) on the higher end of the budget spectrum that's just as good, or better than some of the "name brand" stuff. Because unfortunately, with a lot of the bigger names these days, that extra price tag is sometimes really only buying you the name on the headstock. I know that's not always true, but thats why I say get your hands on the guitars themselves.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by BaffAttack
Get your hands on them though, look at the construction, etc. Sometimes you find one of the "budget model" type guitars (like LTD, or Epi, or Squier) on the higher end of the budget spectrum that's just as good, or better than some of the "name brand" stuff. Because unfortunately, with a lot of the bigger names these days, that extra price tag is sometimes really only buying you the name on the headstock. I know that's not always true, but thats why I say get your hands on the guitars themselves.

While that's generally true with stuff like the Epiphone Elitist line, I've never played an LTD that could match up to a real ESP. And I've played just about every LTD Deluxe and ESP available in the states, and a few ESP Custom Shops which just plain blew everything else out of the water.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.