Page 1 of 9
how many of you people are vegan or a vegetarian?
I've been vegan for about a year, i can't stand doing stuff that hurts animals it just seems so wrong. there not mindless pieces of meat; they are living and (in some cases) quit intelligent (compared to some humans xD) idk just seeing what ug's opinion of vegan beliefs are.
I don't want to get into some vegetarian argument...

but I love meat. I don't think I could give it up if I tried.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Sweet, delicious meat, with fresh blood spilling down my chin. Served with a nice red wine.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
i think depriving yourself of nutrients because you disagree with how they come about to you is just stupid, vegans arent going to change anything.

that being said, there needs to be a more humane way of killing the animals (that means get rid of the sick ppl who hurt the animals)
I love meat.

And it's not wrong to kill to eat. That's the way of life.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
I was a vegan for eight or so months and a vegetarian for a few years after it. It was an interesting way to live, I'd do the vegetarian thing again. In all honesty veganism was kind of boring, it's cutting way to much out of one's diet. Also I wasn't very good at it and I was developing anemia, which is why I stopped in the first place.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
i live with a vegan, my sister, its kinda weird but i guess its healthier
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
Vegetarian, but not for the 'humans shouldn't eat animals!' bit. We're biologically made to, unfortunately. I still eat fish and I will have organic chicken because the reason why I dont eat meat is that I'm against the mass production. I find a lot of it inhumane.. but I figure, if it's lived a happy life, I can eat it.
Not mammals though, I refuse to eat those, too complex for my taste. Been off of red meat for almost 4 years now
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Do you know the difference between vegan and vegetarian

I highly doubt you're "vegan"

if so. kudos
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Actually, no animal that we eat has the mental capacities that humans do. That's kind of why WE eat THEM.
what i'm saying is my sympathy for animals outweighs my need for meat so much that i just can't bring myself to eat meat; or use any animal product for that matter. i was vegetarian for a year then vegan, and have been vegan for around 4 years
Vegans are completely nuts.
Vegetarians are decent. I see where they're going.
I'm an omnivore.
I'm alright with quick, painless cow deaths, but the way they treat those animals is totally ****ed up.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Quote by TDKshorty
Do you know the difference between vegan and vegetarian

I highly doubt you're "vegan"

if so. kudos

Vegetarian = no meat

Vegan = no meat, dairy, animal tested products, anything that is derived from an animal period?

If so, then yes I was a vegan (I know that "I highly doubt you're 'vegan'" wasn't directed at me).

Quote by Timothym
Actually, no animal that we eat has the mental capacities that humans do. That's kind of why WE eat THEM.

Not necessarily, I mean if we put you in a locked room with a grizzly bear, who's gonna eat who first? I agree with you to a large degree, you know since we were smart enough to develop weapons for hunting and protection and eventually develop mass meat production... sorry for nitpicking.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Last edited by Bushinarin at May 8, 2008,
Quote by JimmyDean73
I've been vegan for about a year

Out of curiosity, and this is totally hypothetical.

Would you swallow?

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Quote by saxaxe
You're a vegan and your name is Jimmy Dean?

amazing that no one else noticed that till now
I love how he put "quit intelligent (compared to some humans)"
and he spelt 'QUITE' wrong
lol
but yeah I don't really agree with killing animals but I still eat meat.
Quote by JimmyDean73
how many of you people are vegan or a vegetarian?
I've been vegan for about a year, i can't stand doing stuff that hurts animals it just seems so wrong. there not mindless pieces of meat; they are living and (in some cases) quit intelligent (compared to some humans xD) idk just seeing what ug's opinion of vegan beliefs are.

Indeed.

I like meat, but I don't eat it often. I only really eat it when it's for dinner or lunch.
the way they treat these animals is terrible. just imagine if a human were treated this way. just because an animal is less intelligent then another animal dosen't mean it has to die
I'm Vegetarian, today marks three months no meat. I plan to try to go Vegan in three months. People who are bashing Vegan for "depriving themselves of nutrients" are completely uneducated. You do NOT have to eat meat to be healthy. If you did research, you would find the opposite is true. The way meat is tampered with creates many health problems. There are also massive amounts of ethical issues within the meat industry, that are available with minimal searching. Anyone and everyone should watch the film Earthlings, then we'll talk.
I can't just NOT love steak. Sorry, it's too delicious.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
Quote by JimmyDean73
the way they treat these animals is terrible. just imagine if a human were treated this way. just because an animal is less intelligent then another animal dosen't mean it has to die

it does have to die if we want to eat it.
Quote by Bushinarin

Vegan = no meat, dairy, animal tested products, anything that is derived from an animal period?

so if an animal craps, and that crap fertilizes a vegetable crop. you cant eat that vegetable. ALL VEGANS SHOULD BE DEAD.
Quote by guitarted
ethical issues

Just here to say morality is subjective.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Quote by nt1440
it does have to die if we want to eat it.

what if i was smarter then you and wanted to eat you. would you stick to your little comment?
Quote by vintage x metal
Vegetarian, but not for the 'humans shouldn't eat animals!' bit. We're biologically made to, unfortunately. I still eat fish and I will have organic chicken because the reason why I dont eat meat is that I'm against the mass production. I find a lot of it inhumane.. but I figure, if it's lived a happy life, I can eat it.
Not mammals though, I refuse to eat those, too complex for my taste. Been off of red meat for almost 4 years now

If you've ever seen a chicken coop, chickens don't exactly live happy and successful lives. They walk in and eat their own ****.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by guitarted
I'm Vegetarian, today marks three months no meat. I plan to try to go Vegan in three months. People who are bashing Vegan for "depriving themselves of nutrients" are completely uneducated. You do NOT have to eat meat to be healthy. If you did research, you would find the opposite is true. The way meat is tampered with creates many health problems. There are also massive amounts of ethical issues within the meat industry, that are available with minimal searching. Anyone and everyone should watch the film Earthlings, then we'll talk.

i just never saw what not eating meat would accomplish, your essentially protesting, yet it will NEVER make a difference
Quote by whosamerica
so if an animal craps, and that crap fertilizes a vegetable crop. you cant eat that vegetable. ALL VEGANS SHOULD BE DEAD.

no animals crapping is natural, if i were to beat the animal until it craps then yes that would be wrong
Quote by JimmyDean73
what if i was smarter then you and wanted to eat you. would you stick to your little comment?

what does intelligence have to do with it at all?
it comes down to the fact taht currently we are at the top of the food web, and we can eat what we want because we have the means to do so
Quote by JimmyDean73
no animals crapping is natural, if i were to beat the animal until it craps then yes that would be wrong

its still an animal product, arent you supposed to avoid those at all costs?
Quote by Bushinarin
Vegetarian = no meat

If so, then yes I was a vegan (I know that "I highly doubt you're 'vegan'" wasn't directed at me).

yeah,

I was a vegetarian at one point, or more so I would only eat things that were natural, I lost ALOT of weight, but I did that because it was apart of my spiritual beliefs at that time, I was practicing vipassana and buddhism

Also people who say they don't eat animals because it's cruel, well look at what you're ****ing doing*, throwing your trash away, so it can be taking to a dump and burned, killing off all the little birds that inhabited that place, or polluting the air with your SUVs and ****, go suck my fat pretentious ****, you're no better than Farmer Ted, who is killing the cows.
If you look back, all animals eat each other, it's called a food chain, and we're at the ****ing top (for the most part)
I ask you, what is the purpose of a cow to produce milk if we can't drink it? I guess so it's young can be nourished, well why can't I?
Vegans drink soymilk instead, don't some animals live off of soyplants??

Humans were created to destroy.

*not everyone does this, just an example
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
wtf @ the post above ^

i see lots of anti vege/vegan posts. how lame.
ima vegan, hello jimmy dean. theres a vegan group on ug, it only has a few ppl i think. but theres a vegetarian one with more ppl.
Last edited by theshroomman at May 8, 2008,
Quote by JimmyDean73

I nominate this post as the greatest sentence ever conceived in the English language.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by JimmyDean73

Humans ARE treated that way. All around the world, every day.

Not saying it's right, but it happens. Also, I agree that they should find a more humane way to kill the animals. ALSO, McDonald's, Burger King, etc should be shut down/have half their stores closed. That would reduce the amount of cows slaughtered by a huge percentage.

Survival of the fittest folks. Obviously those animals are not intelligent or they wouldn't be food.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
Quote by JimmyDean73

so you're saying animals deserve to be treated like people? haha.... that must be your genius cousin from Alabama who has sex with his dog.
Quote by nt1440
what does intelligence have to do with it at all?
it comes down to the fact taht currently we are at the top of the food web, and we can eat what we want because we have the means to do so

yes you can eat what you want but i'm not trying to convince you to be vegan. i'm just trying to shed light on this. and just because you can do something dosen't mean you should. it's just completely wrong to slit a cows throat while its still alive and then proceed to process the meat and put it on display in grocery stores like its appetizing.
they feed chickens stuff that makes them grow unaturally large, to the point were they can't bare there own weight, and they do the same thing to dairy cows. this stuff is inhumane and i wouldn't wish this kind of treatment on my worst enemy