hey everybody
is it possible to put this

into this?

the stock bridge doesnt have enough sustain, and it's really pissing me off.
the reason i ask this is because the stock bridge looks a lot like the bridges on most fender jazz basses and p basses, but i dont want to spend $89 if it wont work.
thanks in advance
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
It looks like it will. if not, you can put in new holes for it- carefully.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I was sitting here, playing my black Ergodyne. Right now, it's in my hands, I'm playing it. I clicked on the link, and for about 5 seconds, I thought "Huh. That bass looks oddly familiar."

I realize this is spam, but I think it's notable spam. To show everyone how thick I can be.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Quote by WhyLater
I was sitting here, playing my black Ergodyne. Right now, it's in my hands, I'm playing it. I clicked on the link, and for about 5 seconds, I thought "Huh. That bass looks oddly familiar."

I realize this is spam, but I think it's notable spam. To show everyone how thick I can be.

but we knew already
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
if your sustain on a fretted note is less than your sustain on an open note, the bridge is not the problem. that would be your technique. i believe the BadAss bridges are great. but proper installation of a bridge is an advanced procedure. in most cases the $89 would only be worth it if, you have it properly installed by a professional. as far as will it work on your bass? i would e-mail Leo Quann, they build the BA, and they should know better than us.
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
if your sustain on a fretted note is less than your sustain on an open note, the bridge is not the problem. that would be your technique. i believe the BadAss bridges are great. but proper installation of a bridge is an advanced procedure. in most cases the $89 would only be worth it if, you have it properly installed by a professional. as far as will it work on your bass? i would e-mail Leo Quann, they build the BA, and they should know better than us.

actually, i have the same amount of sustain on fretted notes as on open notes, so its not my technique. besides, i get fine sustain on my jazz bass. the problem is that the action is so ****ing low on the stock bridge that the strings vibrate against the frets. and the action is already at its highest.
and before anybody tells me to get a new bass, i love this bass to death. it has a great, growling low end, and a really nice feel in my hands. its also pretty lightweight.
anyways, yah, its not my technique.
pretty round-about way of saying it.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by 83lespaulstudio

Not entirely true. With a longer length/mass of string vibrating, it will have more energy, so will have more sustain.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
Not entirely true. With a longer length/mass of string vibrating, it will have more energy, so will have more sustain.

he's right
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I HAVE to wear my kilt every Thursday...

I'm not sure why, though.

Me too!
We should start a support group.
Quote by gm jack

If you're thinking like that, it can also be said that the string will also lose that extra energy faster.

In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by gm jack

does that mean i could get better sustain with thicker strings?
i know that would also solve the floppy b string problem, cuz i keep the thing in drop-a.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by kumamilesbear
does that mean i could get better sustain with thicker strings?
i know that would also solve the floppy b string problem, cuz i keep the thing in drop-a.

Heavier guages have more tension, as they need to be tighter to get the same pitch. Therefore, heavier guages to reduce string floppiness.

And Nutter. Just try it. I find that my notes on the first fret sustain a lot longer than at the 24th fret.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
awesome. so heavier gauges will decrease floppiness, and it will increase sustain as well?
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by kumamilesbear
awesome. so heavier gauges will decrease floppiness, and it will increase sustain as well?

Increase tension, yes.

Increase sustain, I think so, though the difference may be too small to really notice. However, I do notice my low B and E stings sustain far more than my G string.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1