So, I have my College Algebra final tomorrow (kind of a dumb name for a highschool class). I got misplaced in math this year, and I'm barely passing. I have a 62% for the semester which equals 80% of my final grade, with the final making up the other 20%. Lucky I'm not alone in my failure, so instead of the regular grading scale, I only need a 55% to pass.

So what my fellow UGers do I need to get to pass this horrid class?
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
I suggest getting an A so your transcript doesn't have a big "D" on it.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
common sense will tell you that anything higher than a 62 and you'll be fine...
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
I wish I could help, but since 2004, Ive listened to Dillinger Escape Plan and Meshuggah and I get all the daily math I need.
What you can do, though, is study as hard as you can. Memorizing formulas is key.
hahah dude if you can't even figure this out you're completely ****ed on a MATH exam
Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.

"I am Jack's complete lack of suprise"
Quote by ifeastonbums

So what my fellow UGers do I need to get to pass this horrid class?

study?
incubus rocks my world
I'm honestly terrible at math. This class is way beyond my capabilities. I get A's and B's in every other class, including college level and advanced classes in every subject except math. I've really tried this semester, much harder than I did in my other classes, I'm just terrible at math.

Oh and by the way, that was to the guy who told me to study, which is what I've been doing the majority of the day.
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
Quote by SomethingWild
hahah dude if you can't even figure this out you're completely ****ed on a MATH exam

No one else has offered a better answer, including yourself.
Quote by brandonian

Quote by unplugtheradio
Ohhh god forbid someone use a calculator and some actual math to answer the ****ing question. #1 you need a 27% on your final to get a 55% in the class; #2, prolly why you have a 62% in the first place: Overall Grade (55%) = current grade (62%) x weight (80%) + final score (X) x weight (20%), do algebra and ya got it.
Quote by ifeastonbums
No one else has offered a better answer, including yourself.

well, look, what is it exactly that you have trouble with?
And if the Devil is 6,

**** if I know, I haven't known what's been going on in my Algebra class for at least a good month or two.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
if ur using a graphing calculator, put a lot of the formulas in ur calc so u dont have as much to memorize
Quote by theking182
well, look, what is it exactly that you have trouble with?

The guy right above you answered pretty well.
Quote by brandonian

Quote by unplugtheradio
Quote by ifeastonbums
The guy right above you answered pretty well.

nonono, i mean, what kind of stuff are you having trouble with in the course? surely there are a few mildly intelligent people here in the Pit that may be willing to help you...
And if the Devil is 6,

Quote by Mask_Of_Sanity
I wish I could help, but since 2004, Ive listened to Dillinger Escape Plan and Meshuggah and I get all the daily math I need.
What you can do, though, is study as hard as you can. Memorizing formulas is key.

hilarious, the 2nd part, not the first...but uhh, math. i hate math, sucks that they misplaced you and youre most likely screwed, but like they said about memorizing formulas

i remember just barely passing geometry with a d both semesters so they put me in applied algebra 2 the next year (applied = retarded). i passed that with a's both semesters and they tried to put me in calculus honors for my last year, needless to say i was mortified
this is why im a music major lol i still gottaa take college algebra but no other math is required
Quote by theking182
nonono, i mean, what kind of stuff are you having trouble with in the course? surely there are a few mildly intelligent people here in the Pit that may be willing to help you...

Oh, sorry I thought you had just misunderstood my question. I think I've got a fair understanding of most of the things. I a lot of stuff dealing with functions (functions= the devil). I've got a pretty decent study guide, I was just wondering how well I needed to do because I have to finish a College English paper by Monday that decides if I get an A or B.
Quote by brandonian

Quote by unplugtheradio
WRite the formulas on little cards and tape them to the inside of a hoodie.
Been using that trick since the 5th grade...
Quote by kurt18th
hilarious, the 2nd part, not the first...but uhh, math. i hate math, sucks that they misplaced you and youre most likely screwed, but like they said about memorizing formulas

i remember just barely passing geometry with a d both semesters so they put me in applied algebra 2 the next year (applied = retarded). i passed that with a's both semesters and they tried to put me in calculus honors for my last year, needless to say i was mortified

How in the world did you manage that? In my school you have to get an A or B+ in Geometry just to get a shot at AP Calculus, which isn't for another three years afterwards.
Honestly, if you have a graphing calculator and you know how to use it, there is absolutely no reason you should fail your final.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Quote by Castlebravo
How in the world did you manage that? In my school you have to get an A or B+ in Geometry just to get a shot at AP Calculus, which isn't for another three years afterwards.

Ya same at my school. They put me in Geometry in 8th grade. I ace every test, so ima get shoved into AP Calc for my sophmore year.
Quote by zepzepzep86
if ur using a graphing calculator, put a lot of the formulas in ur calc so u dont have as much to memorize

AKA cheat.
<Han> I love Hitler