I've always played acoustic but I'm going to be buying my first electric, an American Deluxe Telecaster pretty soon. I just want to know what's the best amp I can buy for it. Also, I plan on starting an acoustic band with a friend of mine in about a year so I want an amp that will mesh well my acoustic-electric Takamine EF-341SC. Thanks.
price range? are you going to play gigs with it too? what size?
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Yeah we're going to try the whole gig thing. I'll just toss out $800 as a max figure. I seriously have no idea what the deal is with amps and whatnot since I've always played acoustic so as far as wattage and all that, I'm not sure.
Typically electric guitar amps don't go well with acoustic guitars. If your going to gig your going to need the right tools for the right job. try several (fender champ, fender blues Jr, etc) with the tele alone. For your takamine look at acoustic amps or better still low end PA system. If your looking at smaller venues you can get away with cheaper equipment, but several hundred people or more is going to be a different animal altogether. Try before you buy and maybe even look at the used market.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Since Telecasters are bright sounding guitars, I suggest a nice warm sounding Mesa combo. Like a used DC, Nomad, Heartbreaker, or a new Mesa 5:25 1x12. Very versitile and switchable wattage capabilities.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by JHogg11
Yeah we're going to try the whole gig thing. I'll just toss out $800 as a max figure. I seriously have no idea what the deal is with amps and whatnot since I've always played acoustic so as far as wattage and all that, I'm not sure.

Traynor YCV50 or 40...which one partly depends on whether you want the extra punch and brightness of the 10" speakers.

Either way, I doubt there's a sound you want that either Traynor won't be able to produce.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com