yeah, that would most likely be for triplets. it's tough to describe what a triplet really is...but generally, kinda like jmint52 said...

they're for example, three quarter notes that are played in the same time span as two normally would be. they have a kind of jazzy feel to them. if you listen to the song you should be able to see how they go
Quote by drmichael
yeah, that would most likely be for triplets. it's tough to describe what a triplet really is...but generally, kinda like jmint52 said...

they're for example, three quarter notes that are played in the same time span as two normally would be. they have a kind of jazzy feel to them. if you listen to the song you should be able to see how they go

One of my music teachers taught it to me in a really simple way. Triplets? They go like this: trip-a-let-trip-a-let. If you say it, it works. TS, if you still don't understand, maybe we can give you high profile song with an obvious triplet to point out. Like the end riff to Black Sabbath or something.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
yea trip-a-let works good and another really easy way that for some reason works when i try to explain triplets to people is saying the word "strawberry"

straw-ber-ry

i heard that from a band teacher once and it works but apparently it really helps some ppl understand... so idk
A triplet is a group of three notes played in the time it usually takes to play two.
What does this mean in Tab it is the start of Afterlife

-------------------------------/12-------
---------\8-------10--------------------
------------------------------------------
Haha, I was playing that song only 5 minutes ago. The / and \ indicate slides, ie you slide up to the note.

And I play it like this:

---------\8-------10---------/17-------

But that's beside the point.