Page 1 of 2
It's common when a artist leaves a guitar company they'll reproduce a identical guitar if it was making them money.
Its almost exactly the same guitar,and if you know how Alexi got his endorsement with ESP,it really looks like Jackson copied ESP.
meeh, both are very sexy XD (but i think i like more the RR24)
"There are two things that are certantly infinate: The Univeres, and, Human Stupidity, and im not sure about the Universe"

-Albert Eintsein
Quote by Evadlite
It's common when a artist leaves a guitar company they'll reproduce a identical guitar if it was making them money.

Alexi never had a sig when endorsed by Jackson,he switched to ESP because he needed a guitar and Jackson wouldnt do it for him.
Didn't he used to use a Rhoads? Isn't it likely he just based his signature guitar off what he was using before? Either way, Jackson originated the Rhoads shape, so I think they're entitled to steal a finish for it.
he used a Rhoads with stripes he had painted on it I belive by someone other than the guys at Jackson.
Quote by RandyRhoads2
Alexi never had a sig when endorsed by Jackson,he switched to ESP because he needed a guitar and Jackson wouldnt do it for him.

Jackson was moving their custom shop. Kind of hard to do a guitar when your shop is in a Uhaul. Jackson was also making custom, one humbucker Rhoads with those paint designs LONG before Alexi came along. Just look at some of Chris Holme's guitars.
CJRocker is right.

Alexi got his 2 Jackson RR V's stolen from him. He went to Jackson but they were in the middle of moving and couldnt do it for him.
Randy Rhoads & Slash forever!

Guitars: Jackson RR3, Jackson Custom Warrior, Jackson Dinky, Jay Turser RR Copy V, Aria STG (my first guitar), Kenneth Acoustic
Quote by RandyRhoads2
Its almost exactly the same guitar,and if you know how Alexi got his endorsement with ESP,it really looks like Jackson copied ESP.

JACKSON ENDORSED ALEXI! Randy Rhoads's guitar before Alexi used it.

Ironic that with the name you dont know that.
Quote by RandyRhoads2

actually, I believe the reason he switched to ESP is because Jackson was in the process of being bought out by fender. Jackson couldn't make him a guitar as quick as he wanted, so he went to ESP because they would build him a custom faster than Jackson. He needed a new custom because his two were stolen, and he was going to go on tour shortly after. That's why he needed a new axe so quickly.
Be cool.
Oh,I heard a different story,that raises the next question,whou tours with only 2 guitars?I mean its good to have backups.
Quote by RandyRhoads2
Oh,I heard a different story,that raises the next question,whou tours with only 2 guitars?I mean its good to have backups.

I think two guitars is enough. To this day I believe alexii still only brings a small amount of guitars on tour. Ive never seen him with more than 2 or 3
Be cool.
On the Chaod Ridden Years DVD,in the part where theyre showing backstage theres 5 or 6 of his guitar.
Quote by RandyRhoads2
On the Chaod Ridden Years DVD,in the part where theyre showing backstage theres 5 or 6 of his guitar.

doesn't the other guitarist play the same model, could those have been his?

TBH im not an alexi fan at all so i don't know much about the band
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by RandyRhoads2

Um, actually he did. In Finland, Jackson produced 50 RR-LL's which were bolt-on replicas of his and Roope's Rhoads V's.

Quote by thedude051
actually, I believe the reason he switched to ESP is because Jackson was in the process of being bought out by fender. Jackson couldn't make him a guitar as quick as he wanted, so he went to ESP because they would build him a custom faster than Jackson. He needed a new custom because his two were stolen, and he was going to go on tour shortly after. That's why he needed a new axe so quickly.

Here's a pic of Alexi using one of Roope's (I think it was his...) guitars while on tour after he had his guitars stolen. He also used this in a video lesson for Young Guitar (I think. I know it was a Japanese Guitar mag, but not sure if it was Young Guitar. It's the one where he's showing how to play a bunch of songs off of Hate Crew). This video was shot after he had switched to ESP as well, because at the end of the video, he's showing off his new ESP.

i heard that ESP actaully stole the guitars becouse they knew the whole jackson thing so they could sign more artitst
I don't think ESP would go that low to get more artists...But since Alexi switched, A LOT of people have switched as well. Right after him was Roope Latvala, which surprised the hell out of me because he's been playing Jackson's since day 1, and even the boys of Dimmu Borgir, which btw Galder's Custom ESP is IDENTICAL to a Jackson RR1, same MOP Sharkfin inlays, same neck dimensions, everything.
^ i do becouse ESP was having a real sh!t of a time keeping up with jackson at that time. they needed more people besides lynch.
Eh, I can see where you're coming from, I mean, they do steal shapes, so they probably stole his Jackson's so they could get the specs and mimic it. I still doubt its truth though.
they stole the jackson so that they could get more artists. and tell me. when have u seen and original ESP shape... but really original not like the AX or F. somethings thats not based on anything? i mean the jackson has the Warrior which is completley original and the dinkies(which are original since they are owned by fender)
Quote by devit
they stole the jackson so that they could get more artists. and tell me. when have u seen and original ESP shape... but really original not like the AX or F. somethings thats not based on anything? i mean the jackson has the Warrior which is completley original and the dinkies(which are original since they are owned by fender)

Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
... how often do people have to tell this story?

Jackson don't treat their artist any differently than us. You want a custom, you wait. ESP pays people to play their guitars (I think), gives free guitars... eh free to them. Jackson don't. I guess they don't feel the need to...

Anyway Alexi was with jackson for ages... just as they were making it real big. Jackson were kinda in the middle of things so they couldn't make him a guitar at top speed when his got stolen. ESP jumped in and said they would. So there ya go.

I'd rather buy from the company who treats me the same as the 'big people' But that's just me.

Yes, ESP copied the shape. That's why they were on sale in Japan for a while, but not in the US. They had to change the shape to sell it in the US because of copyright infrigement laws.
They're very similar guitars. But eh, that's business. ESP makes guitars very similar to Les Pauls... another signature model. No one complains! Hell loads of companies do! That's the way it is. Stop complaining. It's lawful (at least some of it is).
Point is, Alexi likes a certain type of guitar, and ESP asked him for anything. What was he going to tell them? 'oh please, not a RR because Jackson owns the design!'? No. He can, so he does. A lot of people do.

The Warrior is based on an old BC Rich design. It's just that but a little squarer.
He has tape over the Jackson logo because of his deal with ESP.

He used to use RR's exclusively. The Wildchild one was black with yellow bevels like the RR24. They are basically making money off of him without him being endorsed haha.
High as tits
mmm
Quote by Trefellin

He's been in the Pit so long, he's forgotten about television. His whole life is about pears, cats, Spartans and rape. So much so that the mind control tube has lost it's powers over him. It's sad really.
Quote by Vittu0666

Here's a pic of Alexi using one of Roope's (I think it was his...) guitars while on tour after he had his guitars stolen. He also used this in a video lesson for Young Guitar (I think. I know it was a Japanese Guitar mag, but not sure if it was Young Guitar. It's the one where he's showing how to play a bunch of songs off of Hate Crew). This video was shot after he had switched to ESP as well, because at the end of the video, he's showing off his new ESP.

That's actually his guitar, not Roope's, and its the only Jackson he has left. The only problem is that now it's broken at the neck. It's a CS Jackson he ordered from them.

And both stories are correct, mostly.

Jackson couldn't replace his guitars after they were stolen because they were moving, which was due to their being bought by Fender. They told him it would take over a year, and ESP jumped in at the chance, offering him one in a few months.

Alexi has since said that ESP has been far more supportive and helpful than Jackson ever was. He has even been offered the chance to go back to Jackson, but refused.
jackson does pay his endorsers big time.. the problem is being a jackson endorsrer.. one of the trivium giuys tried and failed
Quote by devit
jackson does pay his endorsers big time.. the problem is being a jackson endorsrer.. one of the trivium giuys tried and failed

How you mean?
I think the Jackson looks better, but the ESP is the signature model.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
jackson pays endorsers lots of $$$$$$$

but not everyone can get endorsed by them.. their picky
they rejected the trivium Corey belie
Quote by devit
jackson pays endorsers lots of $$$$$$$

but not everyone can get endorsed by them.. their picky
they rejected the trivium Corey belie

I meant, what do you mean by 'tried to be a Jackson endorsee'? He asked and they refused? He'd still be free to play his Jacksons.
I really doubt they pay them money. Sure they may get dividends off the sig models but that's a different part. Then again, there are no real ways to know. I heard from endorsers though that they don't get anything for free. Which is good. I don't want to order a CS guitar and learn that it'll take more time because some artist requested a guitar.
Quote by Delanoir
That's actually his guitar, not Roope's, and its the only Jackson he has left. The only problem is that now it's broken at the neck. It's a CS Jackson he ordered from them.

Actually, according to Scythes of Bodom, that's Roope's guitar.
roope doesn't play that guitar anymore actually i'm pretty sure he hasn't played rhoads shape since his esp switch
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by BAoxymoron
roope doesn't play that guitar anymore actually i'm pretty sure he hasn't played rhoads shape since his esp switch

Yeah, now he mostly plays Star shapes since he switched to ESP. I think he should play his "black metal guitar" more often. There's a few pics of him floating around where he's still playing his Rhoads guitars while Alexi is using his ESP's.

EDIT: I'm not too sure how old that first pic is though.
Quote by Vittu0666
Actually, according to Scythes of Bodom, that's Roope's guitar.

Being a visitor of the official COBHC forums, the webmaster of Scythes of Bodom said he'd change it. Alexi has mentioned the guitar in an interview before, stating that he only owns one Jackson guitar anymore, but that its stored away, and broken. Which would have to be the green pinstripe.

Though, it might have been Roope's at one point. Maybe. I don't keep up on all the details like some of the fanatics there, haha.

Quote by Vittu0666
Yeah, now he mostly plays Star shapes since he switched to ESP. I think he should play his "black metal guitar" more often. There's a few pics of him floating around where he's still playing his Rhoads guitars while Alexi is using his ESP's.

Yeah, the RR he had from the Stone era. Great guitar.

Lol, I know exactly what you mean about people being fanatical. I had a friend who would come up to me every single day since the release of Follow the Reaper until a few months after the release of Are You Dead Yet? inform me of every single itty bitty piece of information that he had found out about Alexi Laiho. He knew literally everything about Alexi, everything from how he lost his virginity to his thoughts on Jackson both before and after his guitars were stolen, to the whole Goss/Laiho marriage.
Page 1 of 2