Care to recommend any? Why?

Yamaha FG730S or Takamine G340SC?
Note that I am just a beginner.
Last edited by killabean at May 11, 2008,
takamine makes some pretty nice ones for a very good price. heres the one that i bought about a year ago right here . i absolutely love it, i think its the most beautiful acoustic guitar i have ever seen (looks even better in person) and it plays wonderfully. plus the bridge is very conveniant for string changes, and uncommon on an acoustic. it also comes with a built-in-tuner which comes in handy all the time. i think i got it for about 600 bucks, although takamine makes many quality, single cutaway acoustic guitars for much cheaper. check out the entire G Series.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM strat with dimarzio pups
JCM800
Egnater Rebel 30
Takamine Acoustic
tons of pedals
I bought an Ibanez PF series cut away from guitar center last October and I love the thing. It sounds great and it was only $200.
Guess what! I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cow bell!
you can buy most guitars with a cutaway if you get electronics with it. but do note that if you get electronics, you should spend no less than approximately $400.
Silvertone can make some really good affordable guitars.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Takamine's G-series has a few you should check out. If you want one without electronics, look on the first page of the sticky for best guitars under $300 to see a picture of the G340SC.
tanglewood make a good one
If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all
I'm debating between getting a Yamaha FG730S and a guitar with an Cutaway (probably Takamine). I need help with this, also I heard Takamine's build is weak.
Quote by killabean
I'm debating between getting a Yamaha FG730S and a guitar with an Cutaway (probably Takamine). I need help with this, also I heard Takamine's build is weak.

takamines are definitely, NOT weak. they feel a bit fragile, but i can assure you, they'll last you your whole life if you treat it right.
i own a takamine and absolutely love it....but ill be honest...i havent played too many yamahas....
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Morgan Monroe all the way! a Journeyman series with the black back that is curved, i own it and it is my dream guitar, a Blue one with ghostwood and inlayed bridge. I bought it for $160 and it's the best guitar i own, and i have a few, two classicals, a fender stratocaster, a fender squire, and in a few days im getting a Fender Strat LE series.
Quote by killabean
So which is better between the two?

Neither. I'm thinking your probably looking at this takamine?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Takamine-G340SC-Solid-Top-Cutaway-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=516423

If so, both the Takamine and the Yamaha are great guitars. You should go play them and look at them in real life (side by side would be best) and then decide which one you think sounds best, plays the best and looks the best. Buy whichever one says "buy me!" the most. That way you will be fully satisfied with the purchase.
Quote by johnos
Neither. I'm thinking your probably looking at this takamine?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Takamine-G340SC-Solid-Top-Cutaway-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=516423

If so, both the Takamine and the Yamaha are great guitars. You should go play them and look at them in real life (side by side would be best) and then decide which one you think sounds best, plays the best and looks the best. Buy whichever one says "buy me!" the most. That way you will be fully satisfied with the purchase.

I can't, I live where there isn't any guitar stores near me. The closest one is like 150miles away
Quote by killabean
I can't, I live where there isn't any guitar stores near me. The closest one is like 150miles away

Jeez, where do you live?
Quote by killabean

Well if you want a cutaway, get the Takamine. If you don't, then get either the version of the Takamine without the cutaway or the Yamaha. If you can't play them its pretty impossible to choose based on what sounds best (although they will both sound good) so I'd be trying to decide based on other features (cutaway, general looks and all of that).
I'd be inclined to go for the Yamaha personally but at the same time I like that Takamine. What I would do in this situation is go find someone who I know I can't agree on anything with, ask them which I should get, and get the one that they don't like as much. I find its a good way to sort out your thoughts.