Hello, I have an old Lotus Les Paul knock-off with a bolt on neck. The pups sound great, and I plan to replace the stop piece ( it currently has a bowen handle-any info on this?) with a hard-tail one, and I was thinking of replacing the neck. I've been entertaining the idea of a tele one, because IMO they are really comfy.

How do I make sure there is a good fit, i.e., the neck fits in the joint properly? How do I measure?
Quote by WillPlayForFood
mow lawns mutha ****a.. shiiieeett back in the old days we used to go out in the fields and pick cotton.. turns out My boss was colorblind.

EDIT:not trying to be racist.
...and don't sig me.
Just measure the width of the neck pocket and be sure it is close or matching the neck heel.

Also, why haven't you replied to any of my PMs? I even left a comment on your profile page.
Oh my bad.

I'm in the process of moving, so, I've been pretty busy with that.
My finances have been tied up in deposit, rent,-utilities.

Sorry I haven't took the time to msg you back yet. My e-mail is my name on here @hotmail.

I'll try to stay in touch with you on it, especially once I get my stimulus check.

I won't be online for a while, atleast till we find a new provider (we are moving a county away, so, new providers for all our services are required).
Quote by WillPlayForFood
mow lawns mutha ****a.. shiiieeett back in the old days we used to go out in the fields and pick cotton.. turns out My boss was colorblind.

...and don't sig me.
Quote by Invader Jim
Oh, alright. I'm sorry. I forgot you were moving.

It is cool.

Like I said, I plan to replace the neck with a tele based neck, with a 24 fret extension.

Would having 24 frets make a difference?

EDIT:

Nvm, the answer was in another thread. So, ignore.
Quote by WillPlayForFood

...and don't sig me.
Last edited by Ethicdoom at May 9, 2008,
The extra frets would not be very usable on a LP style body and would probably force you to remove the neck pickup. And unless your guitar has a strat or tele neck pocket its gonna take some changes to get one of those necks to fit. My Epi bolt neck has a completly different neck pocket than a strat or tele. Be really hard to get one of those necks to fit it if at all.
Quote by Tackleberry
The extra frets would not be very usable on a LP style body and would probably force you to remove the neck pickup. And unless your guitar has a strat or tele neck pocket its gonna take some changes to get one of those necks to fit. My Epi bolt neck has a completly different neck pocket than a strat or tele. Be really hard to get one of those necks to fit it if at all.

I'm going to measure it to make sure. This is a knock-off, and the neck actually feels smaller then my strats, so...
Quote by WillPlayForFood

...and don't sig me.
Its not the neck length or thickness. Its gonna be the neck pocket being a problem. The one thats on my epi is nothing like a strat pocket. And if you wanted it to stay a 24.75 scale wouldnt be able use a strat neck anyways. I converted a strat to 24.75 but had to buy a not so cheap warmoth neck to do it.