http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackheart-BH5H-and-BH112-Half-Stack?sku=483078
5 watts? can this thing go louder than drums cause the reviews say its a beast, just a little hard to belive
thinking about upgrading to this from my line 6 spider 75 watt, will i around the same volume?

please help if you used it or own it
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
BC Rich Bronze Series Warlock
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
metal muff with top boast
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt Amp
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
Haha same thing here
But I have a Spider II

It will not get the same volume.
It will be loud, but not as loud
But it will sound alot better.

It's a tube amp.
Remember that.
It won't get quite as loud as a 75 watt solid state, but you'll notice a MASSIVE difference in tone. You'll be able to play with drums, but at that volume the tubes will add dirt to your tone... so you can't really play totally clean with a drummer unless you can manage to roll your volume knob back on the guitar enough to clean the sound up and still be audible.
Eh... if you want to get over drums, i'd wait until the Blackheart handsome devil comes out (15 watter).
5 watts will get over drums, but if you're with a full band, i'd go for a 15 watter.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
it gets loud, but i wouldnt want to compete with a drummer, especially in a band situation. ive got one and it sounds great, especially as you turn it up. just dont think it would quite get loud enough to play with a drummer.
loud enough for a drummer, loud enough for a simple band (two guitars, drummer, bassist, singer, keyboardist if you use one).

but at jamming volumes it's either warm cleans or Overdriven, not likely to get perfectly clean.

i'm wantin' to get the handsome devil for more clean headroom
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
i might pick up that head...i am making the switch from solid state to tubes..do you think amp is versatile ? I play little of everything blues,metal(industrial mostly),Classic Rock,
Maybe not industrial metal, but there's always distortion pedals if you need them.
They are sweet amps though. A tube swap would be good for it though.
But, since there's only 2 tubes, and you don't need to bias it, it's a very cheap upgrade.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
so this handsome devil will go louder than drums and be clean at high levels? has anyone used it or own it?
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
BC Rich Bronze Series Warlock
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
metal muff with top boast
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt Amp
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
Quote by slash_rocks2005
loud enough for a drummer, loud enough for a simple band (two guitars, drummer, bassist, singer, keyboardist if you use one).

lol, I just got a laugh from this. true a 6 piece can be simple, but idk....its early and i have a final soon. sorry. moving along
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
^well everyone else (and i have no idea how many people saying this have actually owned one or played one w/ a band) is saying that it wouldn't be the ideal choice for a full band and i was just trying to clarify a little bit. what i listed is what i play w/ every sunday. but 'simple' isn't the right word for what i should say. in fact it's a bad word choice all together.

if your band has two guitarists playing hard overdriven thrash, it might be hard to keep up live. unless you're mic'ed up of course. it really all depends on how everyone works together.

like i said, simple wasn't the right word and it was late lol. if you think you'll be playing w/ a band a lot or jamming all the time, the handsome devil should suit you well. i have the little giant for dorm room/home practice/jamming. it's a really good portable amp for when you don't feel like lugging around the big gigger amp if you have one. i'll prolly pick up either the hothead or the handsome devil for heavy jamming.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
it'll go louder than drums IF you're not playing w/ a drummer who's a complete ape on drums. for all stuff other than heavy heavy metal i dont think you'll have a problem if you just make sure the drummer doesn't beat the HELL out of his set. ALSO, you can get a clean (but still breaking up) tone at higher volumes. i know i can do this w/ a second clean guitar and still be heard.

what exactly are you wanting to use it for?
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH