i have a dunlop classic crybaby and it has too much treble with distortion, my distortion sounds fine when the wah is off, but when i turn it on the high treble that the wah causes burns my ears.
You could re-index the pot... Just pull back the treadle until it no longer interferes with the pot's rotation, then rotate the pot a bit toward the bass side and replace the treadle. Viola.
Theres a ton of mods that can be done to crybabys. Theres a thread somewhere or you can just google it.
thats because your spose to move the wah when you play on it.. not leave it on and play..
turn it off when you dont want to use it otherwise it wont have as big of a range.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Don't you mean...voila?

"VIOLA/VOILA

A viola is a flower or a musical instrument. The expression which means “behold!” is voila. It comes from a French expression literally meaning “look there!” In French it is spelled with a grave accent over the A, as voilà, but when it was adopted into English, it lost its accent. Such barbarous misspellings as “vwala” are even worse, caused by the reluctance of English speakers to believe that OI can represent the sound “wah,” as it usually does in French. "

I copied that from http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/voila.html. Interesting, I never knew the differance myself .

Chris