i generally play in my basement and keep my guitar on a stand. it is pretty humid (plus i live in New york) so im wondering if i can somehow prevent the humidity from messing up my axe.

for example, if i keep it in a gig bag when im not using it, will that help at all? im not really a genius, i would assume humidty could find its way through a crappy bag anyway...but i was just wondering any way i could make my guitar last longer
Last edited by sifon at May 9, 2008,
I got a bunch of dessicent bags and put those in all my cases. They seem to work pretty good.
Quote by piecies_81
I got a bunch of dessicent bags and put those in all my cases. They seem to work pretty good.

Like those little bags that kind of look like sugar packets that come in shipments of stuff and they say do not eat on them? The ones designed to absorb excess moisture in their vicinity? That's actually a pretty good idea and never thought of that. They don't like, take any moisture you actually would want off the guitar, though, do they? I mean, like, dry out the fretboard or anything...I have no idea how those little bags work.

Definitely don't just leave it on the stand in an environment like that, TS. I only leave my guitar on my stand in my house because it's pretty well climate controlled. But even then, I'm playing it every day and wiping it down before and after.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
im guessing i should just take it out of my basement then and just bring it down when im playing.

what about a hardshell case, would that help at all >_>

i mean, i got all my stuff down here, my computer, tv, bed.......so id really like to find a way to keep it down here..........i do have a giant dehumidifier but i dont know how effective it is since it is in the other room.
Last edited by sifon at May 9, 2008,
That'd make the most sense. Or keep it in the room with the dehumidifier at least.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Wasted Resource
You could purchase a dehumidifier and run it in the basement.

There already is one, it's just in the other room he said.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣