hey

im all new 2 bass but i have quite a big problem

i have a fender standard p-bass and i think the g string is stuffed

when ever i play anything below the 10th fret the sound comes out really wierd

like its a short and sssccccchhhhh sound

everything on the g string 10th fret and above the sound comes out fine

iv had the bass for about 2 months i think and when i first got it it never had this problem when i first got the bass i just recently realized this

is it the tuning or the string or something?

plz help
Sounds like the string action needs to be adjusted, resulting in fret buzz.
"If you can do a half-assed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind."
-Kurt Vonnegut
Raise the action for that string.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
yeah, i have a p-bass too and you prob just have to readjust the bridge......you prob got a little allen key with the guitar and you need to use that to raise up you're G a bit.

SenorBill, excellent avatar
i dont mean 2 sound like a retard but whats the brige ur talking about and in what way do i adjust it?
wait i figured out what the bridge is and what 2 do but the allens wrench doesnt fit anywhere
nice job fixing it your self, its good to be hands on, but please dont double post, just edit

but yeah, congrats again on fixing and welcome to the bass forum from me

*Edit* now I feel bad, I can't tell a new boy what to do, I'm still a relatively new boy, o what the hell, what's the worst that can happen, a banning
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
You'll buy a motorcycle soon. After that though, you'll realize it was a mistake, and simply become tired.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Quote by WhyLater
You'll buy a motorcycle soon. After that though, you'll realize it was a mistake, and simply become tired.

or become Lemmy
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom