Okay, so I have been searching alot for this on here and google and electronic parts websites and cannot find much. The question is, are there any alternatives to the traditional true bypass switches? When I am playing quiet (or in between songs) on my vox ac15 and I'm switching an my trem on or off I hate the loud CLICK that the traditional switches make for everyone in the world can hear. So whats the solution? I know boss makes a 2 button footswitch that I assume is silent like their effects pedals but then that also leads me to assume that they are not true bypass like their effects pedals... or are they?
hmmm i have never heard of such a thing. searched them on google and didn't find anthing about purchasing them or what they look like. Are these similar to what you have going on in a volume pedal? because if that is the case I guess I could just take out the pot that controls the trem depth and make like a "volume" pedal for that but I think that would be too complicated and it would void warranty and what not and i'd rather have an on/off switch so i can get the exact preset. so anyways, tell me more about these pull down resistors
Wait, just the footswitch for the amp's trem? That's just a single switch, there's no true bypass needed. True bypass is only for external effects. If you mean the amp tremolo then yes, the boss footswitch will work just fine.
Quote by Roc8995
Wait, just the footswitch for the amp's trem? That's just a single switch, there's no true bypass needed. True bypass is only for external effects. If you mean the amp tremolo then yes, the boss footswitch will work just fine.

yeah i think you are right because i opened up the unit and looky what i found:

but what if i don't want to pay $50 for a simple 2 button footswitch... what kind of switches chould i buy that don't have a loud click? they don't exactly tell you about the click-noise-level on online stores haha

EDIT: I like those switches that have the "little top hat" and "big top hat" to indicate on or off. What are these called? sorry i'm not good with switch names bu then the problem with those is i'm not sure that they make them durable enough to withstand repeated stomps
Last edited by iSignUpJust2ask at May 9, 2008,
A pulldown resitor is just a normal resistor connected so that it pulls some sort of unwanted noise to ground. It's simpler than building a flip-flop circuit. The switches you mentioned just now prolly aren't durable enough, unless you're careful.

I think you can get info on generalguitargadgets.com