Well, it starts on Am, goes to G, Am again, Dm, and then C. I'm just not really used to doing this.. and i need to know which number each one of those chords are in the key..
vi-V-vi-ii-I in c major
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Quote by Rungej
Well, it starts on Am, goes to G, Am again, Dm, and then C. I'm just not really used to doing this.. and i need to know which number each one of those chords are in the key..

You'd most likely be in A minor, so i, VII, i, iv, III.
^Seems more like C major to me
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Quote by :-D
Personally, I hear that resolving well to A minor.

I agree. seems like an Am progression. ii - I is not a common cadence.

I would say: i - VII - i - iv - III
^Yes, the ii-I wouldn't really be harmonically strong enough to suggest C major. The harmonic context would certainly help to narrow it down though.

TS: Is there more of the song you can give us?
Quote by bean-o
vi-V-vi-ii-I in c major

Who starts chord progressions with a vi?... It's in Am anyway.
i was thinking Amin as well. especially since its a 1-7-1-4-3, that makes more sense than the C progression listed.
I agree. seems like an Am progression. ii - I is not a common cadence.

I would say: i - VII - i - iv - III

Just played it through a few times, and it depends on how I play it. I wouldn't say that it is strongly in either key, it's sort of in limbo.

If it's vi V vi ii I in C major:
ii is the relative minor of IV, so ii - I is Predominant - Tonic, so I see it as being pretty similar to a plagal cadence.

If it's i bVII i iv bIII i in A minor:
bIII - i movement is pretty much no movement as they are relative chords, so its a repetition of the Tonic. But because of this, you could say the iv - bIII - i movement still constitutes a plagal cadance, where the Tonic is extended/repeated.

Who starts chord progressions with a vi?...
Why wouldn't you?
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums