So dudes, I just got 2500 USD to buy new gear and I was thinking about getting a Double rec, a Fireball or a 6505, but after reading about the loast one, i discovered it had from little to no cleans, so this question came to my mind:

Is there any pedal that is the opposite of a distortion one?

What i mean is that, for example, when you have your amp on clean and press your Dist pedal, a "layer" of dist is placed over your clean signal or something like that. So if i have the amp on dirty con I throw a layer of clean sound on it? Is this possible with a cheap fx procesor like the RP50 and to keep it on a clean preset to turn on with an AB switch? (diagram below)

would something happen or nah?
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Nope. At that price, you could probably get an amp which did distorted stuff as well as good cleans.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Turn down the volume on your guitar. I suppose you could rig up something in the effects loop, however you would need to run some interesting cables. Hoever, pedals shape the sound of the instrument before its sent through the preamp. Where you get amp distortion. In short, there is no such thing as a "clean pedal"
Quote by chikin pickle
Turn down the volume on your guitar. I suppose you could rig up something in the effects loop, however you would need to run some interesting cables. Hoever, pedals shape the sound of the instrument before its sent through the preamp. Where you get amp distortion. In short, there is no such thing as a "clean pedal"

Thats the answer i needed. Thank you. Im checking the Double Rec then and see what problems does it have
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Go with either the double rec, or (if you can afford one) an ENGL Powerball. The Powerball is basically the Fireball, with more power, and more channels (clean, crunch, and lead I believe). It's also pushing upwards of 2000 USD...
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Erm... The Powerball actually has 4 channels, my mistake.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Quote by chikin pickle

He's right. From what I understand, the very definition of this type of signal distortion, is amplifying a sound signal such that the waveform gets irreversibly distorted (the peaks and troughs of the form get clipped off). You can get a similair effect by turning your ipod all the way up and plugging it into low volume speakers, you'll hear alot of crappy distotion.

Either way, once the signal gets distorted, you can't get the original "clean" signal back.
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
with a tube amp you just have to set the gain and EQ right and you get a tone inbetween clean and full on OD, just pick harder for a grittier tone, and play softer/take some volume off for cleaner sounds
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
with a tube amp you just have to set the gain and EQ right and you get a tone inbetween clean and full on OD, just pick harder for a grittier tone, and play softer/take some volume off for cleaner sounds

Not quite right; that's true of single channel amps but tonnes of tube amps come with more than one channel but setting your amp to the fullest gain you want and using the volume and tone on your guitar is a good way to get some damn nice tones.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by ldnovelo
Im checking the Double Rec then and see what problems does it have

Loose, flabby low end, nothing like the tight and punchy 6505.

You should be able to get a decent amp which can do both cleans and dist at that price to be honest.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
If you want a more 6505/5150 tone but with better cleans a Powerball would be exactly what you want; gain up the ass, fender-style cleans and more channels than you can shake a stick at. It is almost $2000 though.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I would say a Mesa Dual Rectifier Road King II. It would be a very good choice.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by chikin pickle

When I read your post at 1st, I was like "there's no way that would even work as the signal would already be distorted coming out of the preamp", but then I realized that you meant direct input into the return jack of the loop...

is a very interesting idea that I would be curious about...

How do you think it would sound to put an A/B box from the guitar with "A" going into the front of the amp, and "B" going to an EQ pedal then into the return jack of the loop?

That would require two switch presses though..

So then maybe a splitter with one going to the front and the other to EQ and return?
Then all that would be required would be a press of the FX loop switch right? Because I don't think the return jack is actually active until you press the FX loop switch...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Last edited by Reildeal at May 9, 2008,
Its called a footswitch, and any 2 channel amp over $1,000 should have one available.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
You'll need an Anti-Distortion pedal, there's heaps on the market - just ask for one at your local guitar store.

Quote by dewysoss

+1