I got a little bored so I felt like recording myself playing something, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inKdacu6kcM

The equipment I'm using is an ESP LTD KH-602 with a Line6 Spider3 120 watt (home set up). I got the backing from www.guitarbackingtrack.com

Tell me your thoughts, this isn't anything serious, just me messing around for a minute. I am 17 and have been playing for 1 year. Thanks.
Your a really good guitarist and you suprising made that spider sound pretty good, the solo was a bit much for the backtrack but you have some serious chops. I have a hard time believing you've only played for a year, if thats true I might be looking at the next Steve Vai. I've been playing for over four years and your better than me...... Well regardless of how long you've been play your really good keep it up.

crit mine?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=854653
Wow, that was pretty good man, I liked the tone a lot, although it may have been a bit too much gain. Your playing is a ****load better than mine, and I've been playing for about 4 years, if not more by now. I cant sweep at all, haha. How did you learn how to sweep pick and play that fast? Also, if you could take a look at one or 2 of my covers, that would be awesome. Thanks. http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=856868
Quote by thetoastinator
Wow, that was pretty good man, I liked the tone a lot, although it may have been a bit too much gain. Your playing is a ****load better than mine, and I've been playing for about 4 years, if not more by now. I cant sweep at all, haha. How did you learn how to sweep pick and play that fast? Also, if you could take a look at one or 2 of my covers, that would be awesome. Thanks. http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=856868

Thanks for the comments. I don't really know how I picked up guitar as fast as I did. I would practice something one night and be absolutely **** at it, then next day I wake up and try, and I do it almost effortlessly. I guess my mind works in a weird way. String skipping is another tough thing I picked up really quickly. Sweeping took me like 3 weeks to perfect while string skipping I had down in 3 days. I guess I'm just luckier than others. My advice for you is to practice to songs that you want to play, because in my case, I can't just sit and practice to a metronome all day. I would get bored out of my mind and toss my guitars out the window. When you're playing to songs or just jamming to a backing track, I find renewed interest in playing. You'll never get better if you don't really want to.

I listened to your Dying in Your Arms cover, and I have to say that I liked the piano intro, if that was on a real mic'd piano it would sound amazing. You played the song well, I just have to say that you should try to reduce the volume on the drums slightly not because it's too loud, but because the sound gets to a point where it distorts on some of the louder beats. Otherwise, not bad, I'd give it a 4/5.
the solo didnt fit the song, it was too metal-y that solo would have been awesome for like a power ballad since it was at a slower tempo. your style of playing doesnt fit the song
Quote by Guit4rG0d
I think it has too much of a....metal sound for the song.
But thats just me.
but still good playing
4/5

Agreed. You sound to your trying to be zakk wylde. Your playing is really awsome much faster and cleaner than i could do(at that speed). Try building up before you start shredding though it just comes out of no where and doesnt flow with the vibe of the song.
I really liked it overall dont take that as in i dont like it am just trying to give you some honest feedback to consider. What pickups are in that guitar your tone is really nice.
Last edited by /-\liceNChains at Jun 7, 2008,
Holy cooked cow
You play amazing for one year. Way better than me, and I play for 3 years.
And I DID like how it sounded.
Amazing technique for you amount of time. I really liked your vibrato.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||