Hi, how can I find out what some famous guitarists use for picks? like michael angelo or joe satriani etc?
concerts?
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Well Brian May used to use an old "6-pence" coin, back in the early days of Queen.

Ive tried other coins myself.....I cant recommend it.
Servant woman! Fetch me a drying cloth at once!!
index finger-middle finger-ring finger-thumb
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
try their websites to see if they endorse their pick company? same on their albums, see if the pick company is listed.
Well, in a "Guitar One" magazine I have, there is a section about the Dunlop Jazz III picks, and some of the notable players that use these picks are: John Petrucci, Alexi Laiho, Mick Thomson and Joe Bonamassa. I've tried them myself and they hold up pretty good.
Gear:

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard
- Saga LP Copy
- Godin Seagull Acoustic
- Roland Cube 60
- Fender G-Dec
- Jim Dunlop Crybaby
- Guitar Rig 2
Quote by Floydian45
Well, in a "Guitar One" magazine I have, there is a section about the Dunlop Jazz III picks, and some of the notable players that use these picks are: John Petrucci, Alexi Laiho, Mick Thomson and Joe Bonamassa. I've tried them myself and they hold up pretty good.

i looked into these but isnt there like an indent in the middle of the pickup that has some writing? does that annoy you when you play? because I like perfectly smooth pickups.
there's not really any indent.. just the raised up lettering where it says jazz III or whatever. I use a flame to melt the edge you hold onto a little bit for some added grip because they can get a little slippery
Quote by Rungej
there's not really any indent.. just the raised up lettering where it says jazz III or whatever. I use a flame to melt the edge you hold onto a little bit for some added grip because they can get a little slippery

thats exactly what I mean.... man I hate that.
Quote by higherworlds
Research!

Gear-

Standard Epiphone les paul-dimarzio Super 2s
1974 Ampeg vt-22
Fulltone clyde
Ernie ball VP Jr
boss tu-2
boss sd-1
EHX little big muff
Fulltone ultimate octave
EHX Memory man
Digitech digidelay x-series
EHX Holy grail
the jazz III's are a popular choice, as are the dunlop tortex picks of whatever thickness... i see those more than anything else actually
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
wikipedia. they tell what all guitarists use like guitar effects amps and picks for some poeple.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack