My Schecter Damien 6 was knocked off of its stand a few weeks ago and ever since i've been getting fret buzz.
Thing is, its only on the 5th string and only sounds when the string is played open and on the first 2 frets. No other string has any fret buzz at all.
I've tried adjusting the action and in order to get rid of the buzzing I have to put uncomfortably high. I'm at a loss now...
Anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this?
Before doing anything drastic, try simply changing the strings.

There could be a number of things causing the buzz, but the quickest, easiest and cheapest way to rule out a few of them is to get those strings off, and replace them with a new set. Then reset the action to the factory default measurement off the fretboard (available in the guitars documents or probably on the website).

If the Buzz isnt gone....check back and we can brainstorm.
Servant woman! Fetch me a drying cloth at once!!
Thanks for the reply,
After changing the strings there's no more fret buzz at the first couple of frets, but it's still pretty bad when played open. Still just the 5th string as well.
if you have tried raising the action at the bridge and that don't work, have a look at the nut. maybe that got damaged where the 5th string goes through.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix