Ok there is kid who always smokes before coming to school, and I have a class in the morning with him. I think the smell of the marijuana has lead me to get anxiety attacks.

and no, I don't smoke weed.
could be, that sort of thing effects different people differently. Personally I smoke weed to help bring me down from anxiety attacks.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Two options:

1) Ask him to stop smoking before he comes to school (or ask him to use a vaporizer instead).
2) Carry some sort of fragrant material with you so you can smell that instead of smelling weed.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I don't want to seem like a douchebag and rat the kid out to the principle, where he will be ****ed and have to go to jail and ****.
Quote by lpmarshall
I don't want to seem like a douchebag and rat the kid out to the principle, where he will be ****ed and have to go to jail and ****.

He won't get arrested unless he's caught with weed on him. If it's a real problem just carry Xanax around with you.

Last.fm
The SMELL? That won't do anything to you I'm positive. Unless you're like my mormon friend who can't walk into my loft without coughing up his lungs because of smoke... The only way it could cause anxiety is because if you've physically smoked it and have came off of your high... which is rare in any case. It's all in your head dude, grow a pair
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Do you think you are getting those attacks because you believe that marijuana causes that? Or did you come to the conclusion after the fact that you have sat by him for a long period of time you have anxiety.

The psychology is, if you tell yourself that is the cause, then you will believe that. If you dont, then your subconscious must also be truthful. It's hard to explain, but the easiest way to put it is not to tell yourself that your anxiety is because of that if you just want to blame something for giving you anxiety.

Is there anything else in your life that could be causing that? Is the smell of marijuana making you think of other things than what is going on in the classroom for long periods of time?
Yeah - it's all in your head.

Just move across the classroom! No reason to snitch him out - half the class probably smokes anyways, LOL.
Ibanez RG5EX1
Epiphone SG-400

Line 6 Spider II 112 - 75w

Monster
BOSS
Dunlop

yeah there are other issues right now thats causing it, but im thinking that the smell of weed is furthering it.
i know the smoke gives me headaches, but ive never heard anxiety from the smell
Quote by lpmarshall
yeah there are other issues right now thats causing it, but im thinking that the smell of weed is furthering it.

Like I said man, if it's a major problem get some xanax or valium or something.

Last.fm
Quote by Shakalum
Yeah - it's all in your head.

Just move across the classroom! No reason to snitch him out - half the class probably smokes anyways, LOL.

My point, thats for putting it bluntly haha!

But yes, it is possible to be affected by being in close proximity to this guy. It would bother me and i would move to the other side of the class.
Quote by keithward
i know the smoke gives me headaches, but ive never heard anxiety from the smell

It doesnt just happen from pot, it happens from cigs as well.
right now I feel like this is the lowest point in my life. Anxiety is killing me for some reason.
pot wont make u have anxiety, they use pot to cure anxiety. I know this because my doctor told me that if meds dont work the last resort is pot. They dont like doing it but they do it in cases where meds dont help. Talk to you doctor about this beacuse its def not the smell of the pot thats makeing it go off. The doctor will probally prescribe you something along the lines of anti-depressants but not a super heavy dose. Ask about effexor, or valium as the dude said above me.
One of my friends was really high once, and asked me "Can people die from smoking too much weed?" I said "Well, I don' think thats possible...I don't think anyone has" He then says "I'm going to be the first...I'M GOING TO BE THE FIRST" and he started tripping balls.

but yes smoking marijuana will cause some people to get anxiety attacks.
It's all in your head.
What are you thinking? That you're getting high off his smell? hahaha

Most anxiety attacks are usually BS to.
I mean it's mostly caused by panicing yourself out.
But my neighbors fat daughter use to have "anxiety attacks" just to get attention.
They called the paramedics once...
and the paramedics got pretty mad because she wasted their time and they knew it was BS to.
Pretty weird, but funny. haha

But on topic.
Go smoke some weed.
You won't die.
You won't melt.
But you only live once.
So try it at least once.
And find out what all the BIZ NEEZ is about

Oh noesss.
Quote by pathos45
pot wont make u have anxiety, they use pot to cure anxiety. I know this because my doctor told me that if meds dont work the last resort is pot. They dont like doing it but they do it in cases where meds dont help. Talk to you doctor about this beacuse its def not the smell of the pot thats makeing it go off. The doctor will probally prescribe you something along the lines of anti-depressants but not a super heavy dose. Ask about effexor, or valium as the dude said above me.

No. Never. Pot does cause anxiety and can cause marijuana induced anxiety disorders. Either you made this up or your doctor is severely misinformed of the uses of medicinal marijuana.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
No. Never. Pot does cause anxiety and can cause marijuana induced anxiety disorders. Either you made this up or your doctor is severely misinformed of the uses of medicinal marijuana.

depends on the person, I use it to help with anxiety attacks, and it works better than benzos or anything else the shrink has given me.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
depends on the person, I use it to help with anxiety attacks, and it works better than benzos or anything else the shrink has given me.

It doesn't cause anxiety in everyone, and when it doesn't I guess it's pretty relaxing. If I'm experiencing anxiety I find pot makes me more jittery and antzy, though it does relieve some of the physical symptoms which can help me relax eventually. I usually just end up with a few shots of liquor instead.
It's all completely in your head, man up!
Posted By Joth
BassyJoey has a sweet toosh!
Anxiety attacks are you overreacting to something that isn't actually a big deal. It's not physically caused by the smell - instead the smell likely reminds you (sub-consciously) of something you're very worried about and try not to think about normally.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge

And the guy above, you are right too. Generally if you smoke marijuana, you have less stress than other people. In no way does it lower anxiety. Anxiety is mostly due to a sub-conscious thought that when you become in close contact with, makes you panic and heart race etc.

Smoke some weed or more across the classroom and see which one works out for you.
Quote by lpmarshall
Ok there is kid who always smokes before coming to school, and I have a class in the morning with him. I think the smell of the marijuana has lead me to get anxiety attacks.

and no, I don't smoke weed.

Don't be such a pussy. Smelling it won't give you anxiety attacks.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde