How the hell do get fast enough to play the 32nd note legato slide stuff?

EDIT: Shit, I forgot to say that i'm talking about In the Name of God.

And I practice a lot. So suggest something less obvious.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Last edited by Psychedelico at May 9, 2008,
Practise.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
stretch before warming up on the fretboard - you'll be amazed after how you then warm up following a stretchout session how much faster and responsive your fingers can be.
Ibanez RG5EX1
Epiphone SG-400

Line 6 Spider II 112 - 75w

Monster
BOSS
Dunlop

practice more
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
thanks for the intelligent response
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
you can use furniture cleaners to clean fretboards, right? and thanks
Quote by SlinkyBlue

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Guitar Shredshow Mr. Fast Finger has some great legato exercises, to increase speed and stretch your fingers out
Quote by fixationdarknes
Don't press too hard on the fretboard. Just hard enough to fret the notes. This way, your hand slides a lot easier. And make sure your neck isn't sticky!

This is good advice beacuse any extra pressure you put on the frets is extra tension in your muslces. Im working on trying to play this way. And Its been said a million times before but ill say it again in order to play fast you have to play slow. Dont worry about getting there by a certain time or comparing yourself to others. Play what your trying to learn in proper time (with metronome or guitarpro watever you want) and only play at speeds that you can cleany play without tension. Keep at it and your speed will increase. Theres not really a way around this. People ask the same question over and over the answer is always the same. If anyone has a quicker way to learn please tell me id love to know.
It's pretty much chromatic legato, so make sure you can do the chromatic scale in legato really well.