Poll: Which 2x12?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which 2x12?
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Recto
7 70%
Genz Benz G-Flex
3 30%
Voters: 10.
Ok dudes, i already have a mesa 2x12 recto cab, and i want to add another 2x12 cab. Current amp - mesa boogie rectoverb, soon to be a dual rectifier. I really enjoy a deep low bass with somewhat relaxed mids. My 2 options are either a genz benz g-flex cab, or another mesa 2x12 recto cab. I'm really torn, i'm more so leaning towards finding another 2x12 recto cab because i love the one i already have, but the g-flex looks to be damn good. I hear the g-flex is great with bass. How would it match up with my recto cab? I love the idea of adding an additional 2x12 cab, but i just don't know how a g-flex would be with my recto cab. Also the g-flex is cheaper used than the mesa cab, so thats always a plus, but in the end moneys not too big of a deal.

thanks guys!

Naturally I'd say go for the two Mesas, but since the G-B is cheaper and has better bass response (but so does Mesa!) which you like, I'd say go for the G-B. But that's just if the cash was coming out of my pocket. If money really is no issue - go all out Mesa!
Ibanez RG5EX1
Epiphone SG-400

Line 6 Spider II 112 - 75w

Monster
BOSS
Dunlop

Variety is the spice of life. You already have the Mesa, and probably don't need another 2 speakers for live use, anyway. Adding the Genz Benz will add more depth to your sound, and give you the option of taking one cab over the other when you only feel like taking one.

They're both great cabs, though, and you won't go too far wrong with either one.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I'd recommend Genz Benz G-Flex 2 x 12s. They sound awesome! Lots of low-end bass! I've got a pair of g-flex 2 x 12s for sale. Message me if you are interested.
My Music:

My Photography: