i changed the strings and tuning on my razorback(which has a floyd) and i noticed that the strings when i play on the higher frets the i have to push them down a lot more. so how do i adjust the action on it? also is it true that i should use a dime on the 12th fret to get a good idea of how low the strings should be?
find something to measure properly.
you can adjust the action overall by rasing lowering the floyd with the pivot bolts theres a thread around here somewhere about setting up floyds properly
Shut up and play your guitar!
have some aspirin ready for the headache your about to make. FR are a pain in the Ass.....
Quote by DieKrupps
have some aspirin ready for the headache your about to make. FR are a pain in the Ass.....

Adjusting a Floyd is not hard work once you know what you're doing, and adjusting the action is not hard at all.

On both sides of your FR, the tremolo connects to two poles with holes in them right? That hole should fit an allen key, use an allen key and turn it clockwise to lower the action and counter clockwise to heighten it. Make sure both sides are evenly balanced, check it with a ruler on a flat surface or that balancing thing with the oil bubble in it.
im trying to adjust the action as well. i want to raise the action due to immense fret buzzing on the lower strings.

do i have to unlock the nut? and will the tuning go out of pitch?
Gear:
Schecter Synyster Custom
Schecter C-1 Elite
Crate GFX65
Korg Toneworks AX1500G pedal board
Morley Wah pedal
Quote by metalzrulez
im trying to adjust the action as well. i want to raise the action due to immense fret buzzing on the lower strings.

do i have to unlock the nut? and will the tuning go out of pitch?

Yes and Yes