I have a Line 6 Spider II 212 and I was wondering what effect boards sound like when played through this amp? I feel that despite the 12 different amps inside the line6 it doesnt have the sound I want?

Any help will be appreciated
My Gear!
Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
Line 6 Spider II 212
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby

Fender DG-5 Black Acoustic
Axl AG-659 Acoustic
That would depend on what setting you have your spider on. I run a Digitech RP350 through my spider on clean and it's fine - but I've not tryed combining the effects yet.
I was thinking of an X3 Live, mixing a line 6 product with a line 6 product... the X3 have amazing cabability when mixing effects etc
My Gear!
Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
Line 6 Spider II 212
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby

Fender DG-5 Black Acoustic
Axl AG-659 Acoustic
lol.

Spider + pedal = fail. Er, really, any modelling amp + pedal = fail. It's just gonna sound even crappier than it does in the first place. Trust me, I have one.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
It'll sound fine - provided you can get the tone you want out of the X3. Most places that stock one of those stock the other so go and have a play in a shop.

Just remember you don't have to stick to one company, Boss has the GT8 and Digitech do the GNX4000(?) which (I think) are in the same price range.
Running multi-effects pedals through modeling amps is usually a recipe for painful ears, but if you just set the Spider on the clean channel with no effects, it should somewhere around mediocre.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Fail

Of course the models don't sound good, Line 6 spiders are fizzy and gainy sounding (the clean tones are only ok). A multi-fx in front of it will make it sound worse.

Sell the spider if possible, and save up for a good amp. That will give you good tone.