I'm thinking of getting some nice guitar. At first I thought of Ibanez Paul Gilbert model (PGM 301) but it's too expensive;/ I thought maybe there is some cheaper substitut... Do you know any?
RGR321EX

Same bodyshape, same headstock, same bridge, same bodywood. With some cool DiMarzios you'll get pretty close.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
^Now isnt that a totally different guitar?
Other neck, other fretboard, other pickups (EMG's. Cheap ones. YUK!), other bridge, ...
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I have an RG550XX. It's practically the same guitar as the PGM besides a few custom mods made by Paul Gilbert himself. (The reverse headstock, slightly wider necks for better vibrato at the E strings, etc.)

I would highly reccommend it. If you can't afford it, check out the guitar that the first guy mentioned. It's still an RG and even has the reverse headstock, but it doesn't have the single coil/5-way switch.
The RG5EX? I think that's what it is. Pretty good if you ask me.
'62 Fender Jazzmaster (w/ Seymour Duncn Antq. II's)
PRS McCarty 20th Anniversary Rosewood Artist
Gibson SG '61 Custom Shop VOS
Ernie Ball Music Man JP6 w/ Piezo
Ibanez PGM301

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Single Rect-o-Verb Combo
Vox AC30CC2X
Quote by GetOutOfMyYard
I have an RG550XX. It's practically the same guitar as the PGM besides a few custom mods made by Paul Gilbert himself. (The reverse headstock, slightly wider necks for better vibrato at the E strings, etc.)

I would highly reccommend it. If you can't afford it, check out the guitar that the first guy mentioned. It's still an RG and even has the reverse headstock, but it doesn't have the single coil/5-way switch.

+1
its even recommanded by PG himself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWLNPk2U1Io
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl