if its really bad and they need replacing and you have a laquered fretboard then loads.. if they just need filing and dressing a bit then it shouldnt cost a lot
Shut up and play your guitar!
i need to know too

Emotion = true music

Gear

Vantage 718dt-1
Epi Special II
Crate V Series 212 18w
Fuzz Factory
MXR Phase 90
Go into the shop and ask, usually a redressing is adequate just pop ur guitar along
Most places get 10 bucks a fret or about 200 bucks for a refret more if its a bound fretboard. Level and recrown should be 100 bucks or less. Most guitars you can get 2 or 3 recrowns. But many newer lower even medium priced guitars have pretty soft and cheap fret wire which just doesnt last long. Asian made ones are the worst for soft fret wire.
Quote by Tackleberry
Most places get 10 bucks a fret or about 200 bucks for a refret more if its a bound fretboard. Level and recrown should be 100 bucks or less. Most guitars you can get 2 or 3 recrowns. But many newer lower even medium priced guitars have pretty soft and cheap fret wire which just doesnt last long. Asian made ones are the worst for soft fret wire.

Of personal experience, Epiphones has really soft and cheap fretwire, mine has already signs of fretwear, and I have had it for about half a year.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by HomerSGR
Of personal experience, Epiphones has really soft and cheap fretwire, mine has already signs of fretwear, and I have had it for about half a year.

+1 after almost 2 years. I've raised the action so that all the notes will actually sound.
Last edited by Lead Ninja at May 9, 2008,