Everyone always raves about how good this site is so I thought, I'll order my amp from there.
So I go onto the page and type in my details, no problem. I get no email afterwards confirming my order so I email them. I emailed them friday, didnt get a reply till monday. So I got my order number in this email and I tracked it on the website and it said that they didn't have the amp in stock. It didn't tell my that on the page when I ordered so I was a little bit annoyed. So the dispatch date was set for yesterday, a week after my order, so I thought "well, next day delivery, it'll come friday" and I get home and it hasn't been delivered. So, again, I check my order and it says estimated dispatch date: Monday 12th may. 11 days after my order.

Anyone else had problems with GAK?
I've never had any problems with GAK personally....
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
GAK suck so bad, their shop in brighton is evan worse.

Over priced stock, jocks that work there, they mis treat guitars and fob you off with so much BS.

Never use them again.
i had issues with them taking a while to get in contact via email. But other than that they have been okay
Quote by DieKrupps
GAK suck so bad, their shop in brighton is evan worse.

Over priced stock, jocks that work there, they mis treat guitars and fob you off with so much BS.

Never use them again.

I'm not going to, it could've at least said on the page that it was out of stock.
I have always used them and never had any problems. Now City Link (the courier) on the other hand.....
-Mithaearon-
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."
Quote by doubtfull
I'm not going to, it could've at least said on the page that it was out of stock.

meh, Online shopping for an amp or a guitar isn't recommended because its good to see, feel and hear them in real life.

plectrums, some effects etc.....are ok. and strings because they are a lot cheaper.
GAK are fine if they have the product in stock when you order it. If they don't then they're a nightmare.

Next time ring them and check that they have what you want in stock before you order. You'll save yourself some time in the long run.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
They've always been helpful with me to be fair, when I bought my first bass it came and the neck was snapped. I called them up about it and I had a new one 2 days later, turns out it was a common problem with that model, I just know not to buy anything from Stagg again
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
i bought an amp from them before but it took ages to deliver, so what i did was get on the phone to both the courier company and GAK, it's so much simpler than e-mail, cos you'll just get fobbed off, whereas on the phone they have to talk to you. anyway turned out it got stolen in transit, sent out a new one a week later, happy days! you can always cancel if your amps out of stock, cos all that will happen is dispatch days will come and go, something i've always had happen, its very frustrating!
I've had problems. Twice i've ordered from them and both times things were missing, also some of the product descriptions are wrong on the website.
Only problem I had with them was that they will only send items ordered by credit/debit card to the address the card is registered at; no bloody use when I'm at work all day.

You have to write a letter detailing what you want and post it with a cheque to get items delivered anywhere else. Not the most ideal of situations.

I digress, just don't use them. I've found both Dolphin Music and Imuso to be excellent.
(Dolphin's price-matching is top-notch )
Yeah, I got a Vox amp from there about 4 months ago that cost me nearly £600 and they kept prolonging the dispatch date.
I've used gak a few times.. but they don't tell you if something is in stock before you buy it. I waited almost 6 months for something to be sent from the manufacturer...

Also, i ordered it in black.. and they never mentioned it that I could of had it straight away in blue
Never had any problems with GAK themselves, both online and in store. I infact bought a guitar off the site that was £125 cheaper than instore, got it and it just wasn't right (epi floyd rose explorer) took it into the shop and they gave me my money back as if I'd bought it in the shop even though the floor manager (who I was talking to about it) knew I bought it off the net.

Their courier on the other hand - City Link - are aweful. This is probably the problem with your purchase, not GAK. Whenever I use GAK it is for products that I am not in a hurry to receive, purely because City Link are so bad. If they changed their courier to parcelforce, who I think are brilliant, I would use GAK all the time.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...