Ok, so im seriously interested in buying the Roland Cube 60, what do you guys reckon, ive heard some nice things about it.
dont buy it. i have a roland power cube. it has nice built in sounds but it cant do anything with pedals to change the sound. i would suggest buy a peavy or a marshall. i think those handel pedals better.
my stuff
<><><><>
roland cube<---(anyone wanna buy it?)
b.c. rich mockingbird masterpiece<-----(is gunna get new electronics soon)
mxr 10-band EQ
crybaby 535Q wah <---(its awsome)
ive got one and its great, not the loudest amp in the world but lots of vesratility and its got a lot of gain. but if youve got the cash get a marshall
it doesnt give a good metal sound if thats what youw wanting. btw
my stuff
<><><><>
mxr 10-band EQ
what can be a good 15 watt amp that can cooperate with pedals well? in the price range of 100 dollar ( I have 200 dollar but prices are like 2x in Turkey.. )
um i havent tried out to many of them but try a marshall.
my stuff
<><><><>
mxr 10-band EQ
Okay...half these guys clearly havn't done their homework.
Pretty much, it is the best moddelling amp for the pricerange for high gain metal type stuff.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
Okay...half these guys clearly havn't done their homework.
Pretty much, it is the best moddelling amp for the pricerange for high gain metal type stuff.

This.

If you're looking for more of a low- gain classic rock tone though, Vox Valvetronix is the way to go.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
This.

If you're looking for more of a low- gain classic rock tone though, Vox Valvetronix is the way to go.

yeah, dont listen to those other guys, except yngwi.
i have one and i love it, it sounds amazing.
but if you're into lower gain stuff, the Vox Valvetronix is a better choice.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
This.

Think you can also get some pretty good traditional heavy metal/hard rock sounds out of it too......better than a lot of folks would say. I don't like extreme stuff, but most people say 'no' for that.
Quote by Eddie NYC
Think you can also get some pretty good traditional heavy metal/hard rock sounds out of it too......better than a lot of folks would say. I don't like extreme stuff, but most people say 'no' for that.

You can, but it's more typically voiced for lighter gain stuff - I personally think that they are both more or less on par when it comes to cleans (others disagree though).

+1 to 'hrdcorelaxplaya'
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
i have a roland cube 60 and it is amazing at hi gain stuff, the cleans with my seymour duncans are amazing better than my friends marshall avt275 (or 250cant remember) and were even better than a marshall jcm with 1960a cab
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
im just sayin its a solid state modeled amp with no effect loop and most any pedal you plug into it sounds like crap. i tried mxr, tube distortions, boss they all sound so bad. the amp tries to change what u send into the amp so much it comes out all grainy even with the gain low. i wasent saying get a marshal i just dunno what else to suggest him for that price range.
my stuff
<><><><>
mxr 10-band EQ
It's good for the money if you like metal. The clean is nice enough but ain't gonna win any prizes and a lot of the amp models on it are poo to my ears. The onboard effects aren't very flexible, more of a gimmick for me. Also I'm pretty sure it's got the beef to be audible over a drummer for practice/gigging, although I've not had the opportunity to try it. I got it because it's the cheapest amount of respectable loud I could find.
Quote by natetagnar
im just sayin its a solid state modeled amp with no effect loop and most any pedal you plug into it sounds like crap. i tried mxr, tube distortions, boss they all sound so bad. the amp tries to change what u send into the amp so much it comes out all grainy even with the gain low. i wasent saying get a marshal i just dunno what else to suggest him for that price range.

why would you want to be sticking pedals in it? it already has a lot of stuff...cause it is a modeling amp, am i wrong?

and he didnt say he wanted to stick a million different kind of pedals in it. you just keep sayin ghtat it wont accept pedals and he wants to know how the amp sounds by itself.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by DiMeTiMe
Go for a Vox XL series amp - still cheap, and this one's designed for metal .

However, they have the disadvantage of sounding worse than the regular Valvetronix and the Cube in almost every department.

Honestly, the best 3 options in the price range are:

Valvetronix- For a variety of lower- gain styles, lots of onboard effects.
Cube- For metal, not as many effects as the Valvetronix but better high- gain tone.
Blackheart Little Giant + OD Pedal- For better low to mid- gain tone than the Valvetronix or the Cube, but with no onboard effects.
Quote by natetagnar

The idea is to not use pedals with modellers - that's why they have it all built in...
Its agreat amp for the money and styles it does
Oh, and give Wulver back his avatar
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Listen to Yngwi3, he knows what he's talking about
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard