Page 1 of 2
Ok, so i had my first driving lesson today and it went pretty well. Stalled once, and drove a bit too close to the curb a few times, but other than that it felt good to be behind the wheel of a car

How did your first lesson go guys?
Mine was a surprise organised for my 17th birthday. I didn't know anything about it, and it felt like I was herded into the car. Not a good start...

I passed nearly a year ago btw.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
A lot of my friends are learning to drive. Mine was quite good, but I'm sure my instructor used his pedals a lot. But well done - I still stall sometimes.
i did perfect...and it was a stick shift...maybe i jus am a prodigy of driving and guitar.....
Quote by Vagabond21
I pull out, I hear this noise. It sounded like a trumpet, kazoo, and a fart. It felt like one of those dryers used in restrooms, on my dick. It was the largest queef known to man. I proceeded to say "Someone needs a queef muffler"
Last edited by metal_freak_cam at May 9, 2008,
dude.... they made you do your driving lessons in a stickshift? that blows.
and to the other kid, why would you start taking lessons when your 17 lol thats when i got my license
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by Sway!
Ok, so i had my first driving lesson today and it went pretty well. Stalled once, and drove a bit too close to the curb a few times, but other than that it felt good to be behind the wheel of a car

How did your first lesson go guys?

I've been learning a while. I passed my Theory Yesterday.. Yay.

It was so easy to do, i cant believe people can fail that exam.

I have stalled a few times etc...everyone does. Im still learning, and have my own car insured and everything but i need to get round to taking my test.
Quote by rage6945
and to the other kid, why would you start taking lessons when your 17 lol thats when i got my license

In the UK, almost everyone drives, and learns to drive in, manuals...

...and you can't start learning to drive until you're 17.

Quote by DieKrupps
I've been learning a while. I passed my Theory Yesterday.. Yay.

I passed mine on Wednesday.
I did good and I've had my lisence for almost 5 months. Kinda. Hah, I had a run in with the fuzz and I have a bond with tickets. Still AOK though!
Quote by Adam...?
I generally try to avoid being that guy, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's possible that I shit in a friend's dresser once.

Quote by Jackintehbox
Coke tastes like a can of smashed assholes, so yes there is a difference.

I am USUALLY the nicest one here.
i forgot to turn in a turn lane and almost drove into oncoming traffic

scared the **** outta the instructor...
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
I never took lessons. I bought a $500 Manual-speed toyota corolla and just took to the road . After about a week of almost dying and skidding in snow, I got the hang of it.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you... - Abomino Aetas
Quote by bequickorbedead

Doddle isnt it ?.

I am more nervous about the test though lol
After getting a lift home from 6th Form today I'm considering getting a job over the holidays and onwards just to start getting lessons.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by bequickorbedead
In the UK, almost everyone drives, and learns to drive in, manuals...

...and you can't start learning to drive until you're 17.

wow, everyone thinks i'm crazy for learning in my dads manual... i ended up getting an automatic just cuz its less to think about. do you guys not get a permit or something? cuz if you had to wait till 18 to get a license, that would suck
gear

PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Quote by dangorironhide
Ignorant American alert!.

yeah well go easy on them. Most of them dont have passports, let alone have knowledge on Uk'er laws.
I found driving easy. But my first lesson, that was lols. My dad just took me out to a car park in the afternoon when the shops were closing. It's all like driving at 5mph and thinking "SH*T I'M GOING TOO FAST! WE'RE GONNA CRASH!"
I'm hoping to book my test soon for after exams... probably the start of July. I don't stall nowadays, I just forget to do little things... and sometimes I go too fast...
Mine was alright; I'd never been behind the wheel of a car before and by the end of the hour I was allowed to drive home on the main road. I ended up having 30 lessons before I took my test, though.
Love is not a victory march.
It went fine, now my second lesson thats a different story...
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
I found driving easy. But my first lesson, that was lols. My dad just took me out to a car park in the afternoon when the shops were closing. It's all like driving at 5mph and thinking "SH*T I'M GOING TOO FAST! WE'RE GONNA CRASH!"

I remember the first time I went out with my mum it was "AHHHHHH SLOW DOWN, YOU'RE GOING TOOO FAST!!" any time I got above 15mph
Quote by DieKrupps
yeah well go easy on them. Most of them dont have passports, let alone have knowledge on Uk'er laws.

hey.... i have a passport. and of course i dont know your laws.... do you know my laws?
gear

PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Quote by shakysam
Mine was alright; I'd never been behind the wheel of a car before and by the end of the hour I was allowed to drive home on the main road. I ended up having 30 lessons before I took my test, though.

17 hours me

I miss driving I passed in December 2006, and I havn't driven since... who knows when I'll next drive, I don't plan on getting a car any time. Pretty much forgotten how to drive now actually.
my mum got a nice small car so i can drive in it, and im getting put on the insurance, and i have my provisional

im 17 in june

looks like im learning sharpish
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by rage6945
hey.... i have a passport. and of course i dont know your laws.... do you know my laws?

yes i know your laws, I think the most foolish ones relate to why Gun crime is so ludicrous out there. Its all born from confederates who reserved the right to carry guns after the civil war.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
17 hours me

I miss driving I passed in December 2006, and I havn't driven since... who knows when I'll next drive, I don't plan on getting a car any time. Pretty much forgotten how to drive now actually.

Haha I'd have died from embarrassment if I hadn't of passed first time, after all that tuition.
I'm not looking forward to selling my car when I go off to uni at the end of summer

Quote by DieKrupps
yes i know your laws, I think the most foolish ones relate to why Gun crime is so ludicrous out there. Its all born from confederates who reserved the right to carry guns after the civil war.

You'll open up a can of worms with this, mate.
Love is not a victory march.
Quote by DieKrupps

+10

Since 90% of the stuff on tv and the internet is american, we get your laws thrown in our faces quite a lot. We don't really have a choice in knowing them or not.
Quote by shakysam
Haha I'd have died from embarrassment if I hadn't of passed first time, after all that tuition.
I'm not looking forward to selling my car when I go off to uni at the end of summer

You'll open up a can of worms with this, mate.

17 hours isn't much. The "average" is like 45 hours... of course that includes old people.
But some of my friends spent about that long, but because of reasons like switching driving instructors because the first one sucked.
My first lesson was pretty easy, my instructor basically just did an overview of the car, showed me where everything was and what it did. Don't think I stalled in my first lesson, although I never went above 15mph either haha. He also explained to me like the basics of how the engine and clutch worked. I find it MUCH easier to understand why I'm doing all the stuff if I actually know what it's doing rather than just doing it because I've been told.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
I live in America and I think being able to drive at the age of 16 is horrible. And I'm not some 40 year old adult bitching about this. I'm 17 and think it's awful. I think the laws in America suck too. In Europe (Poland at least, not sure of others) if you get a DUI they revoke your license for 10 years, and it's not easy to get it back after that. Here, you get a fine and your license back after a night in jail. Most accidents occur with people either intoxicated or under the age of 20.
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Sex is over-rated. I prefer Pokemon Diamond.
i passed third time, after having a decent first lesson.. Failures were going wrong way at a crossroads (used the oncoming traffic's turning lane) and going too fast round a junction, without signalling, and also drifting slightly... crap car that was...

still, i'm passed now and don't make too many silly mistakes (reversed into a wall, and a couple of 'damn i needed that lane' incidents)
My Gear:
Ibanez SA
Shine Tele (with Leather scratchplate )
HondoII Bass ????! (Broken )
Cello (Ebay jobby )
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Peavy Backstage 30
Zoom G2.1U
Tascam GT-2

Mr Blue Sky
My first lesson was easy, i didn't actually do all that much driving. More explanations than anything but it was nice to be eased into it.

Passed 1st time about a year ago.
Quote by rage6945

Everyone in the UK learns in a manual, those who don't get laughed at for only being able to drive go-carts

The age for driving is 17 here.
My first lesson i learnt how to turn left
Considering that with some instructors you just drive a long a straight road for your first lesson :S

I still stall a bit, but that rarely happens in my instructors car now. In my car, its a completely different story. The clutch is weird. It's so easy to stall it. Oh and my accelerator wobbles under my foot D: Especially over bumps. Steers well though.

My dad isn't too sure about my driving, he nags.
My instructor Hilary is cool though. I liek going on Canvey Way, cos it goes up to 60. Nice and long and not that many bends. Although going on that road means I have to go around Sadlers Farm, which is 5 roundabouts all stuck together in some weird bizarre way. I like driving fast, and in my car I forget I need to brake earlier in my car cos the brakes aren't as good. :S

I like driving, its so much fun especially with the radio on
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by Vale_Deo
I live in America and I think being able to drive at the age of 16 is horrible. And I'm not some 40 year old adult bitching about this. I'm 17 and think it's awful. I think the laws in America suck too. In Europe (Poland at least, not sure of others) if you get a DUI they revoke your license for 10 years, and it's not easy to get it back after that. Here, you get a fine and your license back after a night in jail. Most accidents occur with people either intoxicated or under the age of 20.

Catching a DUI driver is like hitting the jackpot for towns and cities here in the US. Of course they won't past harsh legislation, putting that DUI driver back on the road is potential future cash for the local government.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you... - Abomino Aetas
Quote by OddOneOut
I like driving, its so much fun especially with the radio on

Look into getting yourself a nice CD player and speaker kit. Ain't nothing like driving fast, sun shining, windows down, with your favourite album at full volume.

I was lucky enough to have a CD player and parcel shelf speakers installed in my car when I bought it .
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
The instructor told me she was scared for her life...
"It's fun until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious."
I also had my first driving lesson today, I only stalled once and I took the corners reasonably (atleast I like to think so) and my instructor even allowed me to drive about 40 miles per hour.
Quote by big duck
You are so going to hell, but that is hilarious.

Quote by esther_mouse

Quote by K_McGill
Idiot
My first lesson was fine. An explaination of what does what, getting started, basic gear shifts (1st to 2nd and 2nd to 1st) and left hand corners onto a side road. Nice and easy. Had my 4th lesson today.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Page 1 of 2