im looking to purchase a new half-stack. i am on a tight budget and i really dont want to spend upwards of 1000.

i love the marshall DSL but i know that im just paying for the name "marshall". and it is a good amp but it is possible to find a better one for cheaper.

I am dying to try the peavy valveking 100. ive heard awesome things about it and the qualtity u get for your money. any comments on this head would be greatly aprecciated.

last but not least is the (oh no i can hear the boos from the crowd already) is the ...Line 6 Spider valve head. i love the way this bad boy sounds. but then again its a modeling amp so ewwwwww.

im running a Jackson DXMG w/ seymour Duncans JB and in the procces of getting the Mexican Strat w/ Maple Neck (mhmmm soo smooth maple).

I would say im more of the shreeder type and have a tendency to play Becker/Friedman scales/phrases.

ALSO. with the valveking what pedals should i start to look into. IE a tube screamer/ noise gate and possibly a EQ if the amp seems unbalanced
also i forgot the Peavy 6505, although its a bit out of my price range, if its a big difference from the Valveking im willing to consider it.

and any thoughts on the Peavy Roadmaster, theres one going for 600 used right in my nieghborhood
Quote by seymour_jackson
also i forgot the Peavy 6505, although its a bit out of my price range, if its a big difference from the Valveking im willing to consider it.

and any thoughts on the Peavy Roadmaster, theres one going for 600 used right in my nieghborhood

6505 all the way. Negative on the Roadmaster.