I'm looking into getting a Fender Strat Highway One. I was curious how the finish changes over time? I read somewhere that the finish gets shiny where your picking arm comes in contact with the guitar. I'd be interested in seeing how peoples highway ones look now, since they've been out for a while.
The finish should be easier to scratch and dent than polyeruthane, if you want a guitar that looks new for a long time, it's not for you.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Most guitars have a nitrocellulose finish. The issue with the Highway One series is that it's "satin". There is no real way to keep that satin look for years, well none that I am aware of.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by ValoRhoads
Most guitars have a nitrocellulose finish. The issue with the Highway One series is that it's "satin". There is no real way to keep that satin look for years, well none that I am aware of.

That's what I'm concerned about. I like the satin look, but it doesn't seem to hold up too well from what I've read.
Quote by ValoRhoads

Wrong, you only get nitro on Gibsons, some Fender's, including the custom shop ones, and other stuff. Polyurethane finish is used on most guitars, as it is cheaper.

Nitro wears off after time, mostly due to body sweat. It's also easier to dent. Polyurethane isn't.

Satin's got nothing to do with whether or not it wears off easy.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild