When I went into a local shop to rent an amp for BOTB tonight, I had my mind set on a Bugera 333XL (which is what I ended up with anyway), but the guy was very enthusiastic about this Crate VTX200S. I was VERY skeptical, it being a solid state, but when he powered it up I was blown away. He turned it up VERY loud and there was no breakup whatsoever. It sounded very natural and tube-like, and had a pretty damn good amount of gain. Does anyone else have experience with this amp? It sounded so good that I'm including it in my considerations for when I have the money to actually buy a new amp. I normally have little respect for Crate, but they have seriously done something right in the world of solid states with this thing. And I know the VTX series tube amps are great.

Discuss.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
i don't own the VTX2005, however i do have the vtx15, and i love it soooooo much, it is one of the greatest compact amps i've ever owned!
A lot of people bash Crate amps. their actually really good, I love my Crate GT212, I was gonna replace it this year, but after playing with the Settings on it, I got the Tone I was looking for, I've never used this Crate, but Im sure its pretty decent
Quote by SharpSpoon
I think I can safely say I would still bang her knowing this information.

Lmao ^

Grundy0 > Cancer!
according to crate vtx200s and vtx200sh are just like an ampeg vh140c with an extra channel.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Quote by schecter_r0cker
A lot of people bash Crate amps. their actually really good, I love my Crate GT212, I was gonna replace it this year, but after playing with the Settings on it, I got the Tone I was looking for, I've never used this Crate, but Im sure its pretty decent

Yeah I have that too. You produce so many tones because of the shape dial.
Interested in vitamins and their many uses? Visit my site to learn more about vitamins that can give you energy, increased gym performance, increased recovery, and improved overall health (no broscience)
Check it out: Energizedbyvitamins.com
haha..i still have my Crate GX-80 from 8th grade in the early 90's. its a 1x12 80 watt solid state amp. i sits in my studio in the corner. don't play it anymore, but it works fine and i did my first recording with it with my band in 1994. great gain
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia