I don't really hear a lot about this German manufacturer, but I'd really like to get a Guitar by them. A Deluxe is what I'd be looking to get... just want something differnet. I'm not saying any other manufacturer is bad, but Hagstrom's have sounded pretty good when I've heard them and it's not the same as what everyone else has.

Reviews are good, but I'd like to see what everyone else says. It'll be used for mostly rhythm playing, but some soloing. Don't think that's a big deal, but hell, I know how many variations are out there of everything these days.
I thought Hagstrom was Swedish?
Why can’t a heterosexual guy tell a heterosexual guy that he thinks his booty is fly?

Quote by Curious Jeff
These posts are too long. Just do some drugs
Hagströms are swedish and are very, very nice guitars.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Taken from http://www.hagstromguitars.com/history.html :

In 1958, Swedish-based Hagström started manufacturing electric guitars

Yes...I'd say they are swedish...

I've been looking at Hagstroms recently as well, and I've thought they sounded good...unfortunately it's difficult to get to try one...
Last edited by Burpbelly at May 9, 2008,
Quote by Burpbelly
Taken from http://www.hagstromguitars.com/history.html:

Yes...I'd say they are swedish...

I've been looking at Hagstroms recently as well, and I've thought they sounded good...unfortunately it's difficult to get to try one...

Error: 404, ur link didnt work bro
Quote by SharpSpoon
I think I can safely say I would still bang her knowing this information.

Lmao ^

Grundy0 > Cancer!
Quote by schecter_r0cker

God damn colons...damn my use of English

It works now...
i just bought a swede a few weeks ago. i love the feel, and its got a really good, but different type of tone. i dont know about the deluxe, but i seriously cant put down my swede. i love everything about it.

it is pretty heavy tho.
Quote by schecter_r0cker

Worked for me, haha.

And so what? I knew they were Swedish... the name just uh... sounds German... oh man, that's sad though. Was just on the site looking at the history earlier and still thought they were German. I blame those damn kids and their loud music.

Anyway, I'll probably end up getting one in the near future, but they really don't... sell them... anywhere by me. The Guitar-Center's by me are pretty barebones... especially when it comes to a lefty player like me.

I can't even get the color I want through Musician's Friend or GC.com if I wanted. Anyone know anywhere better to look?
Quote by xSledgewick
Worked for me, haha.

And so what? I knew they were Swedish... the name just uh... sounds German... oh man, that's sad though. Was just on the site looking at the history earlier and still thought they were German. I blame those damn kids and their loud music.

Anyway, I'll probably end up getting one in the near future, but they really don't... sell them... anywhere by me. The Guitar-Center's by me are pretty barebones... especially when it comes to a lefty player like me.

I can't even get the color I want through Musician's Friend or GC.com if I wanted. Anyone know anywhere better to look?

check if they'll order one for you if you want to check it out before you buy it. i kinda gambled and went with ebay but it ended up being pretty much all i wanted so it worked out.
i played one of their semihollows and it was sweet. Tiny neck but it was still nice. Id get one.
Quote by Phishead42
i played one of their semihollows and it was sweet. Tiny neck but it was still nice. Id get one.

That's what she said.

And I'll probably just do that arctic, call up MF or GC and see if they'll special order it or something.
The (new) Hagström (no ö in German, so how the hell can it sound German???) Swedes seem to be very good guitars for the price. If you could get an old one in good condition it would probably be much better as they were built in Sweden as high-quality guitars and not as budget in China.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by HomerSGR
no ö in German

Ö RLY?

What do think the German name for Cologne is?
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
You can't go wrong with a Hagström Swede whenever it's a regular Swede, Super Swede or Ultra Swede.
The 'Select' line is their premium line with beautiful top finishes and somewhat higher in quality. I would dig one anyday...!
I've been thinking a bit about an Ultra Swede. I don't really like the shapes in the other Hagström guitars. Basswood body, Flamed Maple Top. I don't know that much about Basswood. I'll have to try it sooner or later. I'm in no rush to buy.
Quote by Green_Jelly
Ö RLY?

What do think the German name for Cologne is?

It doesn't have status as a letter in German, so it is not in the alphabet, that I know. And isn't always written as "OE"?
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by HomerSGR
The (new) Hagström (no ö in German, so how the hell can it sound German???) Swedes seem to be very good guitars for the price. If you could get an old one in good condition it would probably be much better as they were built in Sweden as high-quality guitars and not as budget in China.

I have a 71 Swede and I compared it to the new ones when they came out. Sound fit and feel were all bang on. The only thing I can't compare is durabiltity. Mine has gone thru the war and still plays sweet as cand, but the new ones are made in China so it is up in the air as far as how they will last. Don't let that scare you away from them though.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Yep, the new ones are made in China but they are still pretty decent quality.

I've had a Hagstrom Ultralux XL-5 for a few months and and love it. The fit and finish is excellent.
I really want an F-301.

bad
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by Rocker_94
I've been thinking a bit about an Ultra Swede. I don't really like the shapes in the other Hagström guitars. Basswood body, Flamed Maple Top. I don't know that much about Basswood. I'll have to try it sooner or later. I'm in no rush to buy.

Check into it a little,I have a mahogany Hag & I love it. Ibanez uses basswood in their guitars that cost more than an Ultra and people love them. But another thing is Hagstrom uses a harder coating which resonates nicely. If the basswood is scary,the regular Mahogany Swede isn't much more. Check eBay for deals on them to!

You better get a Deluxe now,they are drying up on eBay and MF is discontinuing them I have been watching them as my LP style guitar will come from Hagstrom when I get to it. Another amp is next,then a Strat of some sort & then the LP style guitar & maybe a 335 style
16' Gibson SG Std.
15' Ibanez JEM Jr.
OD9 Pro+>CM-2>BC-2>Wylde Phase>Gravy>Flashback
Marshall JCM800>V212(Vet.30/ET-65)
Ibanez TSA15H>1x12 (G12n-65)
Randall RVC5>1x12 (G12n-65)
Quote by twisty571
Check into it a little,I have a mahogany Hag & I love it. Ibanez uses basswood in their guitars that cost more than an Ultra and people love them. But another thing is Hagstrom uses a harder coating which resonates nicely. If the basswood is scary,the regular Mahogany Swede isn't much more. Check eBay for deals on them to!

You better get a Deluxe now,they are drying up on eBay and MF is discontinuing them I have been watching them as my LP style guitar will come from Hagstrom when I get to it. Another amp is next,then a Strat of some sort & then the LP style guitar & maybe a 335 style

You know how soon the discontinuing will be twisty? I need at least a month before I can charge it. Haha, just bought my Radiohead and Nine Inch Nails tickets.
I think when they're out of that color they are out,the Cherry burst 1 was bought out & is discontinued now but you can get the other colors still.
16' Gibson SG Std.
15' Ibanez JEM Jr.
OD9 Pro+>CM-2>BC-2>Wylde Phase>Gravy>Flashback
Marshall JCM800>V212(Vet.30/ET-65)
Ibanez TSA15H>1x12 (G12n-65)
Randall RVC5>1x12 (G12n-65)
I wouldn't be concerned about basswood bodied Hagstroms. Hagstrom uses a polyester finish (*not* polyurethane like most makers) and it's very tough. I've had my Hagstrom Ultralux XL-5 for 4 months or so now and it still doesn't have a scratch or mark on it. The polyester finish is like glass and so hard you just can't easily scratch it. It's a bit bad about fingerprints, but they wipe right off with a cloth.

I'm in the market for an LP right now and the Hagstrom Swede is tempting. But I'm leaning towards an Agile 3000 or 3100.
I've got a Hagstrom Super Swede ReIssue (2006)

This thing is truly amazing, I play mostly blues, but sometimes diverge into some types of metal. I can post pics if you like, just PM me.

The things I like the most are the thin neck(depth wise) but don't get fooled, it feels strong, maybe it's the smooth finish on the back with the tapered feel closer to the head stock, or these new resinator fretboards (imitate ebony) but I guess imitate is an understatement.

I was a little apprehensive about buying this guitar because of the Resinator (polymer type coating) over the fretboard. I would of been wrong, this thing has sustain up the wazoo, the action is surpirisingly low, overall feeling is smooth, like butter as they say.

Another thing is how well this thing stays in tune... I think it's a combination of the 18:1 ratio tuners which are smooth and really really really really cool looking (zoolander style). I play standard tuning mostly with a regular-light guage (10-46)strings.

If you get to choose youre pickups, the Hagstrom Custom '58 Humbuckers are the ones I like the most. They seem to go perfect with the 3 way coil switch. So many different sounds out of this guitar.

The only thing I don't like from the stock swedes are the tone knobs, when they are fully to '0' the sound gets really muddy, these could use an improvement, so i generally don't dip these below 4 or things get nasty.
I think the Super Swedes are pretty cool -- I tried one last month and really liked it. I usually play a strat clone, so I liked the idea of a mahogany single-cut guitar, but with a 25.5 inch scale.

And isn't always written as "OE"?

No, substituting "oe" for an "o with an umlaut" is just a regional spelling (Prussian?), not Hochdeutsch, or official German. German does make extensive use of umlauts over the letters a, o and u.
Are there any old-timers here who have seen the new Hags?

I have a 70's Swede. I am thinking about getting a Viking. I'm just curious if the new Hags play anything close to the old ones.

I like the way the old Hags play. I thought the pickups were to dark and mushy. Duncan JB in the bridge and Duncan Jazz in the neck cured that.

Thanks