I've got a band, there is four of us, but we all come from different music worlds.
I squeeze my mind to find songs that will satisfy us all.
That's the deal:

Me, the guitarist of course, i am a punk lover. i also listen to funk, ska, alternative and very little metal. My favourite bands are the RedHotCP,The Offspring,The Clash, Ska-P.

The singer is a metalhead. he loves black and death and most of metal really. He also likes easier staff like Dylan and other acoustic ballads. Favourite bands: Maiden, In flames, Metallica etc

The bass player is a bit off! he likes lounge music and easy listening staff. The loudest he can listen is really popish punk. He also likes the 60's quite a lot.
huge fan of the Beatles and he really likes James.

The drummer stubornly refuses to hear any alternative choises. He loves the 80's hard rock and he's a fun of Dio, Rainbow etc

Heres what we already play:

Smells like teen spirit
Californication
Gettin away with it all
Where is my mind
House of the rising sun
White riot
Guns of Brixton
Blitzkrieg Bop
Seven Nation Army
The man who sold the world
Bad to the bone
A hard day's night

we need a few more! any suggestions? Our singer plays very little guitar so i barely get any help at all!
i never thought i'd see somebody list RHCP and Ska-P as their favorite bands...
_______
|||||||||||||||
well i would suggest metallica or maiden, but only one guitar is a no-no, maybe some pantera?
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Through the Fire and Flames, on EXPERT.

Seriously, do Higher Ground by RHCP, everyone should enjoy that.
You guys probably shouldn't do covers at all with that collection of influences.

Write originals that'll satisfy all of you or split up.
Quote by dannyisokay
i never thought i'd see somebody list RHCP and Ska-P as their favorite bands...

and Why is that? The red hots are one of the worlds more influential band and i'm very proud to be their fan, cause i've bn listening to them for the past 10 years. and I'm 20.
As for Ska-P, not everyone understands thei sound, thts why they didnt get popular
Quote by hazzmatazz
Through the Fire and Flames, on EXPERT.

Seriously, do Higher Ground by RHCP, everyone should enjoy that.

Yeah, i love that but my bassist aint no Flea. he cant Slap...
Final countdown FTW!!!!!

more than a feeling maybe. thats always a crowd pleaser if you can pull off the vocals
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by KenMasters
and Why is that? The red hots are one of the worlds more influential band and i'm very proud to be their fan, cause i've bn listening to them for the past 10 years. and I'm 20.
As for Ska-P, not everyone understands thei sound, thts why they didnt get popular

don't get me wrong friend, I think it's amazing that you like both of these bands. I just never thought I'd see someone include BOTH of them in their favorites. The fans of each band don't usually overlap.

I think it's awesome. I love Ska-P.
_______
|||||||||||||||
Quote by freedoms_stain
You guys probably shouldn't do covers at all with that collection of influences.

Write originals that'll satisfy all of you or split up.

yeah, we play 2 originals but we've been through blood and swet to communicate on that. it takes a lot of time to get synchronized.
And we wont split up because we're all friends and we really love playin toghether
Quote by dannyisokay
don't get me wrong friend, I think it's amazing that you like both of these bands. I just never thought I'd see someone include BOTH of them in their favorites. The fans of each band don't usually overlap.

I think it's awesome. I love Ska-P.

Yeah, but we speak no Spanish and we aint got a trumpet... same huh?
What do ya think of Mis Colegas though?
I can memorize the lyrics... Ah, i've submitted a tab of it, could ya PLEASE rate it for me? thanx anyway
You could funk up "California Dreamin", or maybe a punked up version of "Day Tripper"
Some Doors might be sweet only problem is u would have to do alot of tweeking since you dont have organ player and doors no bassist
Quote by ChaoticVengence
well i would suggest metallica or maiden, but only one guitar is a no-no, maybe some pantera?

We could cover Aces High though... i play the whole ****...
Quote by C MERC
Some Doors might be sweet only problem is u would have to do alot of tweeking since you dont have organ player and doors no bassist

Lol! my bassist is a gret organ player!
But the only Doors' song we could agree on was Break on throuh...
And that includes a bassist!